FPVLAB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What have I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by ssassen View Post
    That was an outstanding reply Pablo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will be OUTSIDE, so if anyone looks for me, I will be OUTSTANDING!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pushjerk View Post
    My apologies if I go too far back in time.

Drak, Vector, you mentioned DL V3 (full telemtry downlink from Vector or Pixhawk, flight tracking on Tower, the bees knees) The silly whoop craze, and it really seems like all the little shit we used to worry about (filters, regulators, adapters) isn't such a huge issue any more, as a lot of the gear out there today really seems to be virtually plug and play - example Vector wiring, cams and vtx's running off a huge span of input V.

And cheap HD recording. GoPro is not king of the mountain any more.
    Great response - thanks! I bought 3 Vector sets just before I left exactly because of what you mention. I was using APM before and it was a pain to get setup although was great once working - with the exception of going through about 5 OSD (though that's not APM's fault). Anyway, I'm glad to hear the Vector is good; I only managed to use it for a couple of month - I hope my old gear still works!

I've always been a fixed wing freak - I tried multi-rotors but they just don't do it for me. First thing on my list is to get my Ham license... and then I can look into the new dragonlink.

So what HD cams are people using now? I think I still have a Mobius kicking around somewhere.

Reckless Video Operator squishy's Avatar
    Flight Club - "In thrust we trust"

I you fly 1.3 video, the Singularity antenna. (small cp antennas).

Navigator
    and 10 million new FPV head buckets

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    Great response - thanks! I bought 3 Vector sets just before I left exactly because of what you mention. I was using APM before and it was a pain to get setup although was great once working - with the exception of going through about 5 OSD (though that's not APM's fault). Anyway, I'm glad to hear the Vector is good; I only managed to use it for a couple of month - I hope my old gear still works!

I've always been a fixed wing freak - I tried multi-rotors but they just don't do it for me. First thing on my list is to get my Ham license... and then I can look into the new dragonlink.

So what HD cams are people using now? I think I still have a Mobius kicking around somewhere.
    Use these guys to prep for the exam... It's exactly what is on the exam. https://www.hamradiolicenseexam.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post
    I you fly 1.3 video, the Singularity antenna. (small cp antennas).
    Now that's a development! I remember being told many years ago that it wasn't feasible to have a CP omni that wasn't large on 1.3; glad to see innovation in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by Pushjerk View Post
    The silly whoop craze
    I didn't understand this until now! I'm so surprised that the TX/camera combo have gotten so small that they fit on these tiny quads. Something I will be looking in to in more detail as a bit of quick fun to have with the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post

You're in good shape on the Vector, Eagletree has been continuously updating the software/firmware. With the latest updates you can do waypoints now and mountain mode is available for fixed wing.

Oh yeah you missed out on the Mini Talon Mania (still going strong), though most of the discussion on that airframe is on the other site.
    Last edited by smoothvirus; 25th April 2017 at 03:56 PM.
    There's no place I can't be / Since I found FPV / But you can't take the sky from me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12