FPVLAB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dragonlink wont play nice with Hobby King stabilizer?

Forum Member

Dragonlink wont play nice with Hobby King stabilizer?

I use the little Hobby King Orange stabilizers in smaller planes. Cheap and effective. I recently tried using one with my DragonLink receiver...nope nada nothing? Works perfect with FrSky 2.4 but no control with the DL?
    Anyone care to school me as why? Heres a short cut to the unit.
    Thanks in advance for any info....I really appreciate it
    Stephen

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/orangerx...delta-aux.html

Forum Member
    Are you bound properly? DL tx getting good ppm signal? Have you tried to hook a servo right to the DL rx and see if you have control?
    "You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve"
    Kid Rock

Forum Member
    Yes/ I have verified the DL works when servos are hook directly to DL and 2.4/ but when the Orange is place between the DL I have no control but the stabilization works. When placed between the 2.4 I have control and stabilization. Weird. I have also tried and different Orange unit with no luck. The DL is cabled directly to the Taranis via the 4 pin on the back, not a trainer cable so yes we got solid PPM. Baffling.
    And Beer thanks bunches for weighing in! I could fly the wing without but there are times when it helps with the workload when flying under the goggles. Its something simple but I cant see it?

Quote Originally Posted by Beerwiser View Post
    Are you bound properly? DL tx getting good ppm signal? Have you tried to hook a servo right to the DL rx and see if you have control?

Forum Member
    How are you powering the servos? is the power pin for the servos powered at the DL then passes through the HK or do you have it isolated from DL to HK? Just thinking out loud as I don't have one of the HK stabilizers to look at.... or maybe some sort of ground loop along the same lines...

Forum Member
    Ummm, well shit you got me then. The only thing I can think of is the remote gain on the orange. I have a couple, but they are not hooked to a lrs system and yes they are great for the price. Another long shot would be the PWM pulse length. Bad rx?-real long shot if servos work You have done everything I would have checked. It has to be something really simple or something is FUBAR'ed. That is the extent of my ideas.
    Kid Rock

Forum Member
    The wiring is male to male from Rx to Orange and servos plugged into Orange as you would normally to a Rx. Swapping out the DL Rx with a FrSky 2.4 and it works as it should
    Quote Originally Posted by RonSII View Post
    How are you powering the servos? is the power pin for the servos powered at the DL then passes through the HK or do you have it isolated from DL to HK? Just thinking out loud as I don't have one of the HK stabilizers to look at.... or maybe some sort of ground loop along the same lines...

Forum Member
    I have verified stand alone both units worked as designed. PWM vs PPM output may have something to do, if the DL Rx outputs are PPM vs PWM that maybe the problem. I believe the 2.4 Rx are normally PWM...right? I read somewhere that the DL Rx has a mix of both depending which channel you use. If I get so time I will try using the last 2 channels and see if it makes a difference. I also ordered a different brand unit and will try that. Thanks to both of you for the input, I Googled the shit out of this and found nothing This build is a EFlite Opterra, my first real wing, 200 bucks with servos, esc, motor and prop. Roomy cargo bay and sexy as hell...I nose mounted the camera with 1.2 Vtx and Mobius above that for HD vid. Would prefer stabilization but if need be I can fly without. The weather here on the SC coast is keeping indoors anyways so I can spend some time working the problem

Ummm, well shit you got me then. The only thing I can think of is the remote gain on the orange. I have a couple, but they are not hooked to a lrs system and yes they are great for the price. Another long shot would be the PWM pulse length. Bad rx?-real long shot if servos work You have done everything I would have checked. It has to be something really simple or something is FUBAR'ed. That is the extent of my ideas.

Forum Member
    I only have a dlv2, only channel 9 or 12 had ppm out. Rest were pwm. If you have a v3 things maybe different and that could be where the problem is.
    Kid Rock

Forum Member
    This is a DLV2, worked with it a bit this morning with no luck...I have a new V3 receiver, guess I will pull it from the plane and see if it will work with it for shits and giggles.
    I only have a dlv2, only channel 9 or 12 had ppm out. Rest were pwm. If you have a v3 things maybe different and that could be where the problem is.

Forum Member
    Yeah that makes no sense. I don't think you are going to have any better luck with the other RX. Maybe have to ask over on DL main thread on rcg.
    Kid Rock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast