www.immersionrc.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VORTEX 285 I NEED HELP PLEASEEEE !!!!!!!!

Navigator

VORTEX 285 I NEED HELP PLEASEEEE !!!!!!!!

Your contact does not work on your website !! WHY ????

U know guys, I have been flying planes and helis for 35 years, and it took me 2 days to get this machine running and it was supposed to be plug and play. Directions were very vague for a new guy. Now if I was a savvy experienced fpv guy, then it would have been no problem. Asked for help on your forum and posts never made it up. Have had no help from no one. I almost mailed this back for a refund. Still might ...... really want to keep it because it looks bad a##, thats why I bought it.

Also I still cannot get into cleanflight to change ANYTHING !!!! A CLI Screen pops up when I connect to cleanflight, and that is where it stops. I have next to zero experience with cleanflight also. No manuals or directions or help but reading posts. That doesn't teach me how to work it. And what the hell is a PID lol ???? This vortex was made in 2015 according to the qc sticker on the box. Is that some original stock that had issues ??

According to the onscreen display, these are my current versions.

OSD versio 1.0.0.12
    API version 1.8 - I have no idea what that is.........HELPPPPPPP
    FC version 1.8.1 CLFL

Come on guys, this is absolutely absurd to go through this. I am soooooooo frustrated with your quad, that I am ready to give up on this area of the hobby already.

Throw me a bone please !!!!!!!!! I NEED HELPPPPP Pleaseee

Brian

Ok you are in way over your head. But let's see if we can help you. First download the manual of the vortex 250 pro and read it front to end and then again. That should get you started fast. even though it's for the the 250 the same principals are for the 285. Then try to get it in the air. if that doesn't work report back.

Navigator
    Someone can correct me here but......I just took the Vortex out of the box, added the receiver and bound it. Used the on screen startup menu setup on the FPV goggles screen and put it in the air. I see no reason to go through the software upgrade and setup at all unless you are a diehard FPV "RACER". I'm just a putt around FPV kind of guy.
    Its even advertised as a 5 minute setup out of the box. At my age that turned into a hour but......

Navigator
    Same here lol. What threw me was that the end points were way out of range and I didnt even know these were a factor. After looking on the web for 2 days, I finally figured it out, reset everything, reran the wizard and away she went. Of course then i didnt know the flight controller had to be armed, and that took me more web time to figure that out lol. Anyhow this is the screen i was talking about. Want to get into cleanflight to make a couple changes, but cant do it for some reason. This is the only screen i get. Let me know if you do. Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170403_152704.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	186.7 KB 
ID:	76575

Navigator
    Have you tried typing "exit" as it says? Doesn't that work?

Navigator
    ya i tried typing exit and all it says is rebooting, then back to sitting idle. all still works after reboot, just no cleanflight. thx
    Immersion offered no help either, they were like sorry, all we do is sell it, we dont offer support, check youtube they said, i was like dammmmm

Navigator
    I had the same issue.
    You just need to update the firmware and Immersionrc OSD.
    Look for a post of mine where I've detailed the steps to get it working.
    It's helped a few people out so far.
    See if it works for you

Navigator
    Thanks buddy. Does this show how to upgrade each with step by step because i know nothing about upgrading firmware or osd. Also if i upgrade do i loose all the presets already loaded in the flight controller?
    If so how do i recover those settings. All i want to do is to get into cleanflight and turn off the motors when armed. I also read that the osd and firmware have to match so it will run correctly. Also, what is API ?? So I am kind of at a loss. Thx

Navigator
    you really should leave the on when armed, turning this off can cause esc sync issues and "the flip of death".

Navigator
    I was unaware of this, something else to read up on lol, thank u sir