www.immersionrc.com

Thread: Unable to flash OSD on Vortex 150

Navigator

Unable to flash OSD on Vortex 150

Using the Vortex configurator, I can't seem to flash the newest OSD firmware to my Vortex 150, the progress bar just sits at 0% with the drone beeping forever. I've tried this multiple times with no success, which is very annoying because I can't access the PIDs or even the Protunes through the OSD. Can anyone please help me with this?

Does the osd work when you turn on the quad? And can you connect to the quad with the vortex configurator to change settings? If not, it is either your usb cable or a driver issue with your pc.

Navigator
    The OSD works and I can view battery info, I can also plug it into the configurator and change things like video channel, strength, etc. But if I attemt to view PIDs or Protunes in the OSD it says "Incompatible FC API"

Ok, so what firmware versions do you actually have on it now? and where'd you get it?

My guess is you somehow flashed a new version of betaflight and not the osd part. So could you tell what you did exactly?

Navigator
    I went to flash the OSD 1.0.0.39 and it didnt work, so I tried to flash Betaflight 3.1.6 and it did work, but the OSD still gets stuck.

You have to flash the osd 10.0.0.39 with the vortex configurator if you use bf 3.1.6 that's your problem.

Navigator
    I know :T My problem is everytime I go to flash the OSD it gets stuck at 0% with the drone beeping forever.

Ah ok so you fc flashes but your osd doesn't? That sounds like a driver issue. Pls install the drivers from the link that is on the vortex configurator app. If that doesn't work can you try a different usb cable and differen pc?

Navigator
    I know this is an old thread - but as of today I too have the same trouble. I bought the Vortex via Flite Test last June. I've tried the OSD firmware update from two different mac's and fresh driver installs with no luck. What got me here was accidentally pulling out the USB cord during the first firmware attempt. Subsequent attempts displayed a failure message. I followed the "brick" instructions in the manual and was able to load the OSD file and get the flashing started - however it never, ever finishes. The progress bar turns progresses saying "Flashing .." but only makes it a little ways and stops. I've let it sit for an hour with no change.

This quad is bricked and I see this as a learning time. I'll part out what I can and stay away from these style of RTF models.