www.immersionrc.com

Thread: I've struggled but....its flying and flying very well but: I can't turn off motors

Navigator

I've struggled but....its flying and flying very well but: I can't turn off motors

Its been a long and but learning experience for this ole timer in setting up my Vorted 285. But: Its flying and flying very well but, I can't get the motors to turn off at the end of a flight. I know it throttle down and left but I have to throttle down, the motors start to rev up again, not enough to lift. Then I ease the throttle back up to 10 or 15%, the motors spool down to an idle, and squint and stick my finger in the air and throttle to the left and it might, might turn off. I've gone thu the setup routine several times with same results. Tried the throttle trim in all possible positions again, with same results.

sounds like you might need to adjust the endpoints down a tiny bit in the tx, sometimes the potentiometers in the gimbals aren't that good for repeatability.

Or.... just assign a switch to arming the motors... would be a bit simpler

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by RonSII View Post
    sounds like you might need to adjust the endpoints down a tiny bit in the tx, sometimes the potentiometers in the gimbals aren't that good for repeatability.

Or.... just assign a switch to arming the motors... would be a bit simpler
    Assigning a switch would be ideal. I tried to do so but was unsuccessful. Can you briefly tell me how?

The motors will run when armed, this is a requirement because a) you want the visual indication you quad is armed to prevent accidents, and b) you want them to idle for Airmode, otherwise they can stop spinning completely which means you loose all control when throttle is at minimum.
    Velvety smooth drone pilot for hire

Navigator
    Thanks. I understand that principle. I have a NAZA F450 with GPS and have flow it for years but I can't get the Vortex to kill the motor unless I go thru a silly ritual of first trying to throttle down and to the right...that speeds the motors up a bit, not enought to lift off but faster than I can get my hand into the battery connection. But, if I lift the throttle to 10 or 15% I can then move the throttle to the far left and it will then kill the motors....sometimes. I may have to go thru this ritual several times before I succeed. I absolutely won't kill the motors at the bottom left corner position. I like the toggle switch idea for positive shut down.

PLs put arming on a switch that will make your life a lot easier.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmersionRC Support View Post
    PLs put arming on a switch that will make your life a lot easier.
    Thanks, but my query is "how"? I have a DX9 and I've tried but no positive results.

Navigator
    Update: RonSII's end point adjustment did the trick. I'd still rather have a switch assigned to start/stop but at least its starting and stopping by throttle gimble position now as its designed. Thanks for the help from all.