www.immersionrc.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vortex 285 - Went thru setup and it only beeps now

Navigator

Vortex 285 - Went thru setup and it only beeps now

Spektrum DX9, Spektrum satellite receiver and adapter cord.
    Went thru the setup and it went perfectly. All motors spun in correct direction and changed pitch to match stick input. I thought I was sitting on GO but... Unplugged battery and radio and re booted radio and plugged in a hot battery and lights went from blue to red and I tried to get a spin or liftoff but nothing. After 30 to 45 seconds it just starts to beep and beeps until I advance throttle of 50% and it quits. What am I missing????
    I noticed that the colored leds inside of the body are lit and the blue on is blinking rapidly.
    Last edited by hershey; 1st March 2017 at 11:18 PM. Reason: more info

I means that i somehow is getting your tx input. Try to rerun the txwizzard and see if that fixes it.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmersionRC Support View Post
    I means that i somehow is getting your tx input. Try to rerun the txwizzard and see if that fixes it.
    I bought the Spektrum Race Ready Receiver and bound to it, but it gives me the same problems. I get the opening screen of the setup telling me to center sticks. I do so but it won't change screens to go thru the setup. I've contacted Horizon Hobbies and they tell me that it ain't my baby and I ain't gonna rock it, and to contact Immergence. I've sent emails but unlike Horizon, they don't respond at all to email inquiries. Thanks for the help I've received on this forum, I'll keep searching the internet.

The 285 won't work with that receiver unless you use the Spektrum CPPM adapter cable, the 285 ony accepts CPPM natively, which the Spektrum Rx does not output. Here's more info on hooking up a Spektrum Rx to the GPS port:

http://www.immersionrc.com/vortex-sp...direct-hookup/

And here's the Spektrum CPPM adapter cable:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/product/...le-irlvxppmspk

So these are the two options you have available, a third one would be to use a Orange R620 CPPM receiver, which outputs CPPM and is compatible with DSM/DSMX.
    Velvety smooth drone pilot for hire

Navigator
    Okay so I have a problem with my 285 as well so when I download the beta flight firmware and go through the update firmware on the tools app it only lets me find the osd firmware in my files and the beta flight firmware for fc is no where to be found. Also another question I have the rx setup with a fs i6 tx and a fs i6ab reciver and on cleanflight it shows all the input a correct except roll and pitch is switched meaning when I put input on my right stick forward it pitches no rolls so how can I fix this? Also I set the arm on my remote and when I reboot and unplug then reset quad and tx it won't arm..

Begginer in Fpv But Rc Hobbiest Since Birth😉

@Reckless,
    If you downloaded the latest archive from our website it'll contain both the OSD fw and the BF 3.1.5 release. The former you flash with the Vortex Chrome app, the latter with the Betaflight Chrome app, let me know if you get stuck anywhere. After flashing both you fire up the Vortex Chrome app again and select 'Reset Tx wizard' and then run through the setup procedure.

Navigator
    Okay so I see both in file but when I go to update in the tools setup program and I hit update to bring up files only the osd file shows up yet I can see the beta flight fw right there in my destop

OSD = Vortex Chrome app, Betaflight = Betaflight Chrome app

Navigator
    Wait I'm confused so I get the beta flight fw from where?

Navigator
    Okay I got it now but its saying communication with bootloader failed..