www.immersionrc.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible receivers for the Vortex 285

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorzane View Post
    Is there a certain firmware and or betaflight that the 285 needs to have in it to work with a Spektrum transmitter? I have a DX6 with an ar7700 and I cannot get passed the "Center all sticks" screen. I also have tried the Spektrum CPPM cable plugged into the satellite receiver with no luck. Both receivers are bound to the transmitter. I am using the Immersion RC chrome app to flash it with the firmware that is on Immersion RC website for the 285.
    Nope, no special firmware required. This may sound stupid, but have you had sure you are bound to your receiver, and it is receiving inputs? You can check this be preferably using a different quad and going into the input tab on beta/clean flight. Or you can hook the vortex up to beta/clean flight and check. Although I am not sure if the vortex will let you see/save things untill the setup wizard has been completed.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverarrow66 View Post
    Nope, no special firmware required. This may sound stupid, but have you had sure you are bound to your receiver, and it is receiving inputs? You can check this be preferably using a different quad and going into the input tab on beta/clean flight. Or you can hook the vortex up to beta/clean flight and check. Although I am not sure if the vortex will let you see/save things untill the setup wizard has been completed.

Yes they are both bound. The Orange light is on solid on the AR7700 and the satellite receiver and the transmitter says bound successful DSXM. Does it need to be set to CPPM on the Immersion RC chrome app with the AR7700 or the satellite receiver with the Spektrum CPPM cable? I have tried both Spektrum settings and I cannot get passed the wizard on the vortex 285. No response from the controls on betaflight until the wizard is set up (I'm assuming).

Forum Member
    Yes they are both bound. The Orange light is on solid on the AR7700 and the satellite receiver and the transmitter says bound successful DSXM. Does it need to be set to CPPM on the Immersion RC chrome app with the AR7700 or the satellite receiver with the Spektrum CPPM cable? I have tried both Spektrum settings and I cannot get passed the wizard on the vortex 285. No response from the controls on betaflight until the wizard is set up (I'm assuming).
    Hmm, I would try auto first, then Spektrum 2048 in the chrome app.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverarrow66 View Post
    Hmm, I would try auto first, then Spektrum 2048 in the chrome app.
    I have tried auto, and it beeps then it changes. When I try Spektrum 2048, it still says Center all controls and the throttle shows -883. I have ordered the connector and pins to go through the GPS port. Is it possible the board is bad?

Forum Member
    I have tried auto, and it beeps then it changes. When I try Spektrum 2048, it still says Center all controls and the throttle shows -883. I have ordered the connector and pins to go through the GPS port. Is it possible the board is bad?
    hmm, I haven't heard of plugging it into the gps port before. I've seen people plug it into the FC its self, but that was only an option on the Gen 2 Fusion. It is a possibility that the board could be dead and you might need to send it in for repair if its under warranty, but I might see what IRC says. Making a new thread might help get their attention.

Forum Member
    Thank you for your assistance. I just posted a new thread. http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....155#post845155