FPVLAB

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Worlds fastest FPV 401 KMH

Navigator

Worlds fastest FPV 401 KMH

6,000 watt Funjet on a windy day:

That's quite insane for such a bruised and ugly duckling, and on a day that weather conditions were 'less than ideal'

I like your style!
    Man must rise above the Earth—to the top of the atmosphere and beyond—for only thus will he fully understand the world in which he lives.
    — Socrates

Reckless Video Operator squishy's Avatar
    Can anyone tell me the appeal or drive to go fast in FPV? What personal satisfaction is gained? Not saying I haven't done it myself, but it grew boring real fast and I moved onto piloting and widening flight envelopes instead of just specializing in just one.

Anyone have an honest answer why they think speed records are innovative and/or personally rewarding?
    Flight Club - "In thrust we trust"

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by squishy View Post
    Can anyone tell me the appeal or drive to go fast in FPV? What personal satisfaction is gained? Not saying I haven't done it myself, but it grew boring real fast and I moved onto piloting and widening flight envelopes instead of just specializing in just one.

Anyone have an honest answer why they think speed records are innovative and/or personally rewarding?
    Because nobody's done it before?

LMFAO that was pretty cool!!! the best part is the end of the video. there is like 25 planes hanging on the wall in the house, and he thanx his girlfriend dude obviously knows WHO allows him all the toy's eh........
    flyin HIGH

Squishy,

(Not speaking on behalf of the OP)

As you said, "Not saying I haven't done it myself" this FPV/RC lurk we're in has so many facets to it.

I personally got into it around 2009 and during that time I've done the 'learning to not crash in 3 secs LOS' through the very early MR flight control period where 'crashed because one of my (mechanical) pots reversed' to 'home brew antenna LR high alt 1.2 stuff' which led to my short high speed dalliance period, then it was into the MR racing/chasing phase. All of those I saw as steps in my progression

Now sadly I have spent the last 2 years in the commercial/licensed UAV/film and TV game and all the naughty fun stuff I used to do just sits on the shelf gathering dust.

Can we maybe put it down to curiosity and a will to push boundaries? Oh and I'll add, all those fun vids people put up doing other stuff and you just wanting to try something different?

And of course there are those guys out there that just love to fly 'Full Noise'

Man must rise above the Earth—to the top of the atmosphere and beyond—for only thus will he fully understand the world in which he lives.
    — Socrates

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by squishy View Post

I think one motivation is that I like the feeling I am flying a jet fighter instead of a Cessna... And a scale cockpit isnt enough, I enjoy covering ground as quickly as possible. The net result of pushing the boundaries of the power system you can cram in to the plane, is seeing just how fast it can actually go. I got bored with other aspects, I find duration doesn't suit me, nor high altitude. Each to their own I guess. Trying to avoid disaster whilst covering a kilometre every 10 seconds as low as you dare, onboard a piece of foam is not without an increased heart rate...:

Last edited by omegooliebird; 28th February 2017 at 02:00 AM.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by doobie View Post
    LMFAO that was pretty cool!!! the best part is the end of the video. there is like 25 planes hanging on the wall in the house, and he thanx his girlfriend dude obviously knows WHO allows him all the toy's eh........
    Yeah, you got to never forget who is boss!! She tolerates a lot, our house looks like an RC expo!!

Navigator
    deleted
    Last edited by omegooliebird; 28th February 2017 at 01:33 AM. Reason: deleted

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by WitnessOnly View Post
    That's quite insane for such a bruised and ugly duckling, and on a day that weather conditions were 'less than ideal'

I like your style!
    Yeah poor old girl has reached retirement age I think! Must be 3 years old now with WAY more flights than I expected it to last for...has served me well. I am building a composite Vasa Fusion with a Lambert Kolibri T50 turbine engine to replace it...with the aim of breaking 300mph FPV and add some flight time.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast