FPVLAB

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Ritewing Mini Drak Build and Info

Why is the whiskey always gone?

While deep in the Arizona desert I found this in a deep canyon hidden amongst the rocks..... Low and behold a Drak Egg, I was able to escape alive before the mother or father returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Azsweetwater2011 View Post
    So here's a video i thought I'd do about plasticote attacking the Drak EPP foam. Again i just have to say, it's tough, I'm convinced now you will have to try hard to hurt it. As well as some follow up pictures after lt had dried, i also cut it to observe any effects

That's my experience too. The only thing I can think of is that some new builder picked up a can of Plasti dip for the first time in his life, didn't shake it after it had been sitting for 2 months and sprayed straight solvent all over their plane from an inch away... I tried this experiment as well with a bunch of different colors - can't get even the slightest bit of damage to appear. I personally think it's either a wives tale or there are other circumstances that aren't part of the rumor going around...

There are also a significant amount of new fliers / builders as opposed to even a year ago... Fixed wing FPV used to be kind of a niche hobby, as was fixed wing los flying for forever before that, but now all the people that started flying a year or two ago and began as quad guys are buying planes and building for the first time - so you have thousands of people flooding Facebook groups with all kinds of stories and experience levels - I mean that only in the sense that sometimes it's hard to decipher between legitimate issues and individual, user errors. For instance, I've seen people attack Chris (Ritewing owner) for making a bad plane (mini drak) because they crashed it over and over when trying to launch. 12 seconds of prior experience would let you know that when you install a ton of electronic gear and a flight controller, for the first time ever mind you, that you should probably be looking there for issues and not with an airframe itself. But these are the kinds of things you see when you have a large influx of people that go from never building or even flying to building an expensive performance aircraft and expecting everything to work out well when they scream up the rpm's and chuck the thing in the sky. It's like having your first driving experience be in a Lamborghini on a racetrack... Whatever happened to building foamies and leaning to build / fly first?

I think I might have just ranted about some long penned up feelings...

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    That's my experience too. The only thing I can think of is that some new builder picked up a can of Plasti dip for the first time in his life, didn't shake it after it had been sitting for 2 months and sprayed straight solvent all over their plane from an inch away... I tried this experiment as well with a bunch of different colors - can't get even the slightest bit of damage to appear. I personally think it's either a wives tale or there are other circumstances that aren't part of the rumor going around...

There are also a significant amount of new fliers / builders as opposed to even a year ago... Fixed wing FPV used to be kind of a niche hobby, as was fixed wing los flying for forever before that, but now all the people that started flying a year or two ago and began as quad guys are buying planes and building for the first time - so you have thousands of people flooding Facebook groups with all kinds of stories and experience levels - I mean that only in the sense that sometimes it's hard to decipher between legitimate issues and individual, user errors. For instance, I've seen people attack Chris (Ritewing owner) for making a bad plane (mini drak) because they crashed it over and over when trying to launch. 12 seconds of prior experience would let you know that when you install a ton of electronic gear and a flight controller, for the first time ever mind you, that you should probably be looking there for issues and not with an airframe itself. But these are the kinds of things you see when you have a large influx of people that go from never building or even flying to building an expensive performance aircraft and expecting everything to work out well when they scream up the rpm's and chuck the thing in the sky. It's like having your first driving experience be in a Lamborghini on a racetrack... Whatever happened to building foamies and leaning to build / fly first?

I think I might have just ranted about some long penned up feelings...

Scott
    Bravo couldn't have said it better. I first flew multi rotors and then began flying foamies, first airframe was a Radian Pro, flew crashed fixed flew crashed fixed and so on. My real build was my mini D. Flown crashed fixed flown crashed fixed and so on.......... and the cycle continues. Fly mostly fpv but have a solid moderate average with my other airframes flying LOS. Ritewing (Chris) imo is the best aircraft and by far the best consumer service to be had hands down. He has never not answered any question i've presented with sound knowledge that can only be found in someone with years and years of stick and build time kinda like needing advice on Thermo type coatings you ask someone with stick and coating knowledge from yesteryear........ Bravo Scott, Bravo

Navigator
    He guys,
    I'm in the process of building my mini drak, but cannot for the life of me find the secret sauce 1700 kv motor, or the Cobra 2814/10 1700. Does anybody know of a place that still has stock, or could anyone recommend a good alternative?

Thanks!

Maarten

Quote Originally Posted by Garbach View Post
    He guys,
    I'm in the process of building my mini drak, but cannot for the life of me find the secret sauce 1700 kv motor, or the Cobra 2814/10 1700. Does anybody know of a place that still has stock, or could anyone recommend a good alternative?

Thanks!

Maarten
    Have you emailed Chris (Ritewing manufacturer) about the official mini drak motor (the custom 2814 - 1700)? He probably has them... ritewing@hotmail.com

Scott

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031