Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Moulded Ritewing Mini Drak Build & Info

Navigator
    I just ordered a Mink Drak & can't wait to start building! You guys have some great tips here! Thanks!

...oh yeah, first post! wOot!

Navigator
    Finally my mini drak is almost ready, only elevons. How should these be aligned with the wing itself, same as with the took of it's big brother or flat in line with the top of the wing. What must be the throw of the elevons?

Rgds Rico

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Instructor Pilot
    RCG Review, Jason said he loves the MD, feel free to speak up in this RCG thread. RCG is pretty dead when it comes to performance planes.
    MD Pilots show your MD love there.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...w#post38056442

Navigator
    Took me 3 LiPo's to tame her, but HELL YEAH!!!! She listens as it should. Great plane Cris, just like her big brother!!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk
    Last edited by RicoFrico; 25th August 2017 at 02:39 PM.

For you guys that buried the singularity in the wing, did you have to cut all the way through and glue it in, or could you leave a little on the bottom and fit it in nicely? Thanks!

Instructor Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    For you guys that buried the singularity in the wing, did you have to cut all the way through and glue it in, or could you leave a little on the bottom and fit it in nicely? Thanks!
    First cut all the way through, and cover with thin slices from the plug top and bottom for an invisible install.

Navigator
    Just out of curiosity since I've got an 80 amp ESC on its way; would this motor (the SS) be very happy about having a 6s battery thrown into the mix? If not that's fine, but lets say down the road I wanted an even more peppy motor; what would you guys recommend? I only ask because if I can use my 6s batteries that are currently only used for my heli, it would double the batteries I have available when I take out the mini drak.

6s on the mini? I don't know about that. You can check the specs on the non ritewing version - just Google 2814 1700kv and you'll see a link to the innov8tive website - there will be a data sheet in there that has all the voltage and prop data. I know the ritewing version has some different characteristics, so maybe it can handle more, but I'd think 5s would be pushing it. I suppose you can really run any voltage you want, as long as you prop it correctly. Is it just that you're trying to go 2x 3s's in series because you have them handy?

Scott

Instructor Pilot
    5s and 6s is fine, it needs to BL heli esc and the only prop I would run is the 6/4 apc sport, not E prop . A cobra wing BL heli 60 or 80 work great, any other props will let out smoke. NO OTHER OR LARGER PROPS!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JonU View Post
    Just out of curiosity since I've got an 80 amp ESC on its way; would this motor (the SS) be very happy about having a 6s battery thrown into the mix? If not that's fine, but lets say down the road I wanted an even more peppy motor; what would you guys recommend? I only ask because if I can use my 6s batteries that are currently only used for my heli, it would double the batteries I have available when I take out the mini drak.
    Last edited by ritewing; 10th October 2017 at 03:22 PM.