Thread: Did banggood accuse me of lying ?

Navigator

Did banggood accuse me of lying ?

I ordered a diatone crusader 200 from banggood mid December only to find out it was on back order, after agreeing to wait for it to come back in I received it last week. However instead of the drone I got a skyrc AC adapter.

After taking pictures of the package and emailing them to say what happened the response back from them sounds like they are calling me a liar

"Dear friend,

Sorry for replying so late.

It is a pity that the Diatone Crusader GT2 200 is out of stock now.

And it is strange that the order information showed your received package was 765g, this was the package weight of the Diatone Crusader GT2 200

Order and weight info images here

It is so strange, right?

Best regards,"

So what the hell? Where do I go from here. Should I contact PayPal for a refund/dispute or carry on trying to talk to banggood ?
    Last edited by Stres; 12th January 2017 at 06:09 AM.

Navigator
    I would be filing with paypal pronto with pictures and a copy of the ticket with banggood.

I both sell and buy stuff. The seller is very much at the mercy of the customer when it comes to paypal disputes. If you click that dispute button, you are almost certain to get your money back.

As far as Banggood goes I think they seem to have a bit of a language barrier. In the past I received completely the wrong product from what I had ordered and their response also included the "dear friend" header and something to the effect of sorry you ordered the wrong part, try to be more careful next time. This was a particularly bad way to phrase their response being that they were the ones who ****ed up the order and all.

If the person actually know what he wrote, he is being very rude. Its a big IF because it could be a language thing. I would do as slowgo and parajared suggests.

Navigator
    I've never really looked at my waybills carefully, but does the postal carrier (USPS etc.) record the actual weight of the package? This would be definite proof that you didn't receive the correct item

Navigator
    Hi guys thanks for the replies,

Since finishing work I have got the package weighed it and filmed myself doing all this to provide as much info as possible for them.

The weight of the package is around 200 grams lighter than what they have stated it was recorded at.
    I have kindly sent them an email with the video and asked them to check the weight of the package when it entered the U.K I presume it will have been weighed at this point which should show them that it was either tampered with in one of their warehouses or was packaged wrong at some point.

I am also going to go through PayPal after writing this to make a claim dispute and hopefully get this resolved £240.00 is not something I'm going to let go easily.

Hopefully they will see I'm not trying to con them and that I am in fact being truthful, I can understand that there are a lot of dishonest people out there who have probably tried to pull one over on them by faking wrong packages so can understand them being careful about this sort of issue, but damn it's annoying to be on the wrong end of something like this.

Thanks again for the advice.
    Last edited by Stres; 12th January 2017 at 03:26 PM.

Navigator
    double post

Navigator
    I will never shop at banggood again, i just had a claim through PayPal(who were very fast and efficient) and i got my 250$ back after terrible customer service from china(par for the course). Do not trust them, please buy from your own country. I've had issues with dji, hobbyking and now banggood so thats 3 strikes. We need to support our local shops ,whether online or physical, it's up to us.

Besides the potential language barrier, there are also cultural issues. In America or England, it's perfectly fine to say, something like "Hey, you sent the wrong junk, how are you going to fix it?" It is understood that the use of singular person is meant to mean the company.

When dealing with China, it's better to say something like "Hey, I received the wrong junk, how can we fix this unfortunate situation?" The person that reads the customer service email is not the one who packed the wrong junk, and may get offended when you say that they are. A simple change that can go a long ways towards getting help.

Co-Pilot
    It’s difficult in these situations. Not saying you are lying, but they deal with so many who do lie it is hard to fathom. Everything from lying about not receiving packages to claiming items were broken when it was the custom who broke it themselves. It’s an industry wide problem with no real solution. People lie, and the sellers are at their mercy. It only goes to raising the price on everything.

Just file with paypal and get your money back.