VideoAerialSystems

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1.3 helical or pepper box?

Navigator
    Photos

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro

1.3 helical or pepper box?

Alex,
    Have hit you up before. I am old EE and am really enjoying playing with all this FPV stuff. Why do you say Eagle Eyes not doing any favors with helical? Seems most obvious reason to use tracking. I am using 2 diversity receivers fed to Eagle Eyes. Then Eagle Eyes picks best video to use. One receiver has race band, other does not, which is how second receiver came about. I have a Sniper (used because of size) on one receiver and one of your pepper boxes on other. I have one of your BlueBeams one each receiver as second antenna. The pepper box is on the receiver that also has race band so I can use it for racing though the tracking is not functional on the racing quads. I have been out a long way on the setup (oh, all 5.8 right now) and just wonder as a logical thinking engineer why Eagle Eyes not good with helical, which the Sniper essentially is based on beam width etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JCLs; 4th March 2017 at 12:13 AM.

Navigator
    Very nice and clean rig. Congratulations.

Thanks!

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JCLs View Post
    Alex,
    Have hit you up before. I am old EE and am really enjoying playing with all this FPV stuff. Why do you say Eagle Eyes not doing any favors with helical? Seems most obvious reason to use tracking. I am using 2 diversity receivers fed to Eagle Eyes. Then Eagle Eyes picks best video to use. One receiver has race band, other does not, which is how second receiver came about. I have a Sniper (used because of size) on one receiver and one of your pepper boxes on other. I have one of your BlueBeams one each receiver as second antenna. The pepper box is on the receiver that also has race band so I can use it for racing though the tracking is not functional on the racing quads. I have been out a long way on the setup (oh, all 5.8 right now) and just wonder as a logical thinking engineer why Eagle Eyes not good with helical, which the Sniper essentially is based on beam width etc.

Diversity tends to cover issues that need to be addressed and create new problems you would otherwise not have. When asking yourself if it is time for an upgrade, you really need to see what your equipment is doing on its own without the diversity controller to determine if the diversity is creating a problem or not. It also allows you to know just what each piece of equipment is doing so you can determine what your needs are and if a piece of upgraded equipment will fit that bill.

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

1.3 helical or pepper box?

I agree with that. My evolution to where I am now with 5.8 was long and slow. I tweaked and changed several times. Got a setup that works fine for what I do now. Takes patience!

PS: Pic is a little old. Circular wireless antenna really was replaced with a Blue Beam!

Last edited by JCLs; 8th March 2017 at 11:09 PM.