FPVLAB

View Poll Results: Select the date(s) you prefer for 2017 Hartsel COFPV meet

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 COFPV Hartsel meet

How many people are going to attend this year? I'll bring up my smoker. Ryan can you do a count so I know how much food to bring for one night to feed the crew.

https://goo.gl/forms/B7Nh35rQyqFqzfGw2

Please fill out the 3 question Hartsel Survey if you plan to come to Hartsel this year (June 16-18, Father's day).
    Joshua needs to know how much food to bring, and I will look into porta-potty if there are enough people.

Call me B-Rod53
    I thought everyone had decided on the next weekend. Obviously we had some late voters. I already scheduled time of for that weekend so it looks like be heading up to Bull Mountain instead. I'm heading up to Bull Mountain tomorrow if anyone is interested in going with. I'll be leaving from Loveland between 9 and 10AM. it's about a 2.5 hours drive as I head up into WY on 287 to Tie Siding and just north of there CR 316. You take that to CR 322 and head south back into Colorado. Bull mountain is just about 3 miles south of the CO/WY border. All BLM Land so no one to tell you that you can't be there. I even discussed it with a Larimer County Deputy and he was just fine with what I was doing. So if anyone is interested let me know and i'll get you directions to my place. If more than one person wants to go, we'll have to take more than one vehicle. Supposed to be 72F and winds 8-10 MPH with gust to 15 MPH. Which for up north is quite good. I'll be checking back in later tonight and in the morning to see if anyone's interested. I'll be going by myself otherwise. Lot more fun with friends.

This is where I'll be tomorrow. Except i'll be parked up on top of one of the plateaus facing Red Mountain. about 4:12 into the video I fly over a 4x4 trail that runs right next to the creek and is quite visible. That is the trail I'll be coming in on. It's the only direct route to the top of the Plateau. But this film will give you a good idea of what you can fly over.

Looks like the Bull Mountain trip is off. didn't have any takers and we do have the entire summer to fly. but things came up. Sure all of you know how that stuff goes. I may still try to get up to Hartsel for at least one day. Gettinig kind of used to driving 2-3 hours just to fly my airplane.
    Last edited by brod53; 6th May 2017 at 08:31 AM.

I can't turn off the poll, but the data was decided mid February. Sorry for the inconvenience. I hope you had a nice time flying today. The weather was great!

We have about 16 people confirming attendance between here and facebook. Last year's porta-potty was $285, which brings the average cost to $17. Should we get one?

Yes, we should have a porta-potty.
    Do we have a generator?
    Last edited by Papa Echo; 1st June 2017 at 01:26 AM.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Echo View Post
    Do we have a generator?
    I am going to bring a 2000w inverter that we can run off someones car battery. Much smaller than a generator!

In this case it is much better to charge from a battery directly. Can anyone bring some big batteries?

Navigator
    Indeed, for charging itll be best to go straight off the batteries. The inverter could be good for soldering or other 110v things

Ok. I'll be filling out the rental application for porta-potty. https://www.mesawasteservices.com/po...o/hartsel.html

It's gonna be $265 total, so about $15 each. You can send your donations via paypal to ryanfriedman5410@gmail.com with "Hartsel PortaPotty" in the subject line, or cash at the event. I'll send any extra money to Justin for the COFPV website costs, but will let people know the porta-potty is already paid for if that is happening.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Rfriedman; 1st June 2017 at 10:36 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast