15. You may not vote on this poll
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 COFPV Hartsel meet

Cool 2017 COFPV Hartsel meet

Hartsel 2017 COFPV meet

Date: June 16-18,2017 (father's day)

38.919863, -105.762054
    Accessible by most vehicles, although 4 wheel drive is recommended if very muddy. Prelator has made it in his Camry. The location has is in the middle of the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. The surrounding area is mostly grassy planes with some small forested hills and dirt roads to follow. Perfect for both mini quads as well as long range planes. Weather in the summer is typically 50 to 80 farenheit, although it can get below freezing at night.

Events:
    Woggle course race
    Cabin race
    Plane freestyle competition
    MultiGP style quad race for a few hours depending on attendance.

**This event will be sponsored by Alex from RMRC. They will be bringing a bunch of great prizes like last year for competition/give away throughout the weekend. Stay tuned for any coupon codes or discounts from Alex!

Food:
    BBQ on Saturday night by Joshua. Bring an appetite and a few bucks.

Rules: COFPV is a very relaxed community. Respect others, be friendly, don't be dangerous. Although we are out in the middle of nowhere, it is a time to meet other fliers and fly, not show off. There is no fee for the meet, and everybody has to share flight time and frequencies according to this guide linked below.
    -Flight line etiquette: http://cofpv.com/cofpv-flight-line-etiquette-guide/

Bathrooms: A porta-potty may be rented depending on survey response rate.
    If funding exceeds the total cost the excess will be refunded, and/or transferred to COFPV to be used for other events based on what the group decides to do.

Lodging: most (everyone?) will be camping. The closest motel is in Fairplay, 20 miles away. You can do that if you want but you'll miss out on some of the "camaraderie".

Campfires: are allowed. There is SOME wood that can be collected but not a lot, and you'll be hiking up the hills to get it. Last year we found a big pile of pallets somewhere around 38.905466, -105.759755, but they are full of nails and burn really fast. Not sure how much is left. It would be good if a few guys brought a bundle or two.

Charging: Most use their car batteries and just run the engine every once in a while to let the alternator charge it back up. If you run it all the way down, just make sure you're not the last to leave and have jumper cables, or a LiPo big enough to jump yourself! A few guys will have generators and solar panels, if you ask nicely or bring beer, I bet you can use them

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hartselmap.PNG 
Views:	25 
Size:	644.4 KB 
ID:	77081  
    Last edited by Rfriedman; 15th June 2017 at 03:21 PM.

I'd prefer the first weekend in June. I'm out of town the middle two weekends. The 23-25th would also work, but it would be nice to have that weekend at home to prepare for our trip to Norway the following weekend. We leave for Norway July 1, so that weekend definitely wouldn't work.
    ~Patrick M.

YouTube Channel: youtube.com/user/SerithianFPV

Colorado FPV Pilot and Flying Site Map: mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zjYlxx5w300I.kmgDGKOhrMAo

Navigator
    When will the final dates be decided on? I am coming to represent Ready Made RC again this year and we need to know the dates to work into our schedule. As a company we will attend probably 30-40 events this year so the calendar fills up fast! Cant wait to see you all again

Poll will be closing soon! Poll is closing on January 26th or February 2nd depending on responses.
    Last edited by Rfriedman; 21st January 2017 at 07:57 PM.

Navigator
    I maybe planning a family trip to Colorado Springs the fourth of July week and would be sweet to combine both in one.

I'll be in Norway the week of July 4 so won't work for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Patrick M.

Colorado FPV Pilot and Flying Site Map: mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zjYlxx5w300I.kmgDGKOhrMAo

Sorry for the date change, but by popular vote, the new date is for fathers day, June 16-18 with 7 votes. The next best option was the following weekend with 5 votes.

Well bummer, I have another camping trip scheduled for that weekend, so looks like I won't be attending this year. Hope you all have fun!
    ~Patrick M.

Navigator
    Bummer mang, maybe next year after I retire.

Navigator
    All, I created a facebook event page for this meet if you are on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/533199070199701/

Who all is attending? Im getting pretty excited to head out there and see everyone again!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast