DragonLinkRC

Thread: Multiple Models, Same Receiver

Multiple Models, Same Receiver

Hey Guys,

I can't think of a reason that this wouldn't work, but if there is a reason, I'm looking for it here. I have found that I can easily bind the same receiver to many different models on my radio (and even found that receivers that I haven't bound to with a particular model will still control it). So say I power up 2 models at once, each with different DL receivers, one model will control both, even though it's never been bound to that model.

But, my question is, does anyone see a reason that I shouldn't swap receivers between models? Basically, I have a plane that has a V2 receiver mounted in it now with dual lock (removable, kinda like velcro). Basically, I am building 3 planes right now, but do not want to invest in 3 more v2 receivers (I already have 4 of them) as it's only a matter of time before I upgrade to V3 DL - so I don't want to put any more into V2. So, I was going to set up a model for each (obviously) and bind to all of them, then just simply swap whenever I wanted to fly each model. The receiver itself holds no model memory, it's simply getting channel assignment and trim settings from the radio model settings - so I can think of no reason why this wouldn't work fine. Can you? Thanks!

This will work just fine as long as you ensure that you gook up the servo leads correctly each time. I have actually done this with LRS... as they simply receive the PPM signal from the radio, a quick swap of the Tx and Rx and I can go from Range Link to Ez UHF to OpenLRS without a hitch (as long as the servos are plugged into the correct spot).
    When nothing else out there will suit your needs... design and build it yourself.

Right... That was my thinking - that's a mistake I would make. I use ppm on most, but 2 of the 3 that I'm building will be regular, standard builds, so it won't just be ppm and rssi - I'm actually going to have to remember how I set it up. My plan is to either take a picture of the proper setup as stick it in the battery bay for when I need it, or just mark the servo cables. That's a mistake I would make... Done it before with my drak after removing the wings for a long transport - reversed them after assembling. Easy to forget things you don't do all the time, and easy for me to be too used to things working well and forgetting to pre-flight

Thanks man.

Will work, PPM or not. It worked on my old 2.4g Futaba 6EX when I was into planes. I was labeling signal wires with permanent marker- one dot for CH1, 2 dots for CH2 and so on, but later wasn't arsed to mess with wires each time and started glueing servo connectors together. To replace Rx became a matter of only one big 6x3pin connector
    If you're a noob, copy 1:1 what somebody already flies without too much questions, you'll find the answers later.
    PatrikE: I don't see anything wrong in your dump...
    Derrick:
    you are flying it LOS... You are doing it wrong.