Thread: USPS Non delivery of order

USPS Non delivery of order

Hi,

Looking for some help. USPS reports my order as having been delivered to my mailbox but alas my mailbox was empty today. How do you advise I move forward on this?
    I aim to misbehave.
    I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar.

Navigator
    I've had this happen in the past on an Amazon order. The package showed up a week later and they said it was due to a scanning error??

Sometimes I've had em' put my stuff in a neighbors box and don't find out until the neighbor gets ahold of me a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by btown2 View Post
    Hi,

Looking for some help. USPS reports my order as having been delivered to my mailbox but alas my mailbox was empty today. How do you advise I move forward on this?
    Also keep in mind when a package shows delivered in the USPS tracking system it only indicates the package was delivered, but maybe just not delivered to you, furthermore once a package shows delivered in the tracking system the USPS considers it delivered and will deny paying any claims for a missing package. As such you might want to check with your neighbors, more so if your numeric shows up on an adjacent street.

Just so you know, it is up to the shipper to file a claim, as the USPS is their carrier, as a recipient you cannot do so.

Good luck, but if it doesn't show up in the next day or two due to a mis-scan and none of your neighbors have it, you may as well consider it gone and your are probably going to eat the costs.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Yeah I am worried they delivered it to some other house. I noticed that the tracking said it was delivered at ~4pm. This is odd because the mail almost always arrives before noon. Looking back through tracking for other orders it looks like all the other orders are marked as having been delivered between 11:30 AM and 11:45 AM. Pretty consistent. The 4pm time makes me worried they didn't deliver it to one of my neighbors since they would presumably have been at a similar time. I suppose the mail could have been running behind, but 4.5 hours behind? I went ahead and reordered from RMRC with overnight shipping since I need this by tomorrow. If im lucky the first will turn up and I'll have an extra. Live and learn. Then use UPS or FEDEX.
    I aim to misbehave.

Quote Originally Posted by btown2 View Post
    Yeah I am worried they delivered it to some other house. I noticed that the tracking said it was delivered at ~4pm. This is odd because the mail almost always arrives before noon. Looking back through tracking for other orders it looks like all the other orders are marked as having been delivered between 11:30 AM and 11:45 AM. Pretty consistent.
    Consider the time of the year and your normal carrier could be on vacation and a fill in is running the route and running behind, if there is any chance of meeting the carrier I would with a printout of the delivery confirmation, the carrier just might remember what happened, or may just blow you off.

It's worth a try though.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Co-Pilot
    Contact your local post office. The one where your carrier originates. Each postal vehicle is equipped with a gps. Since your order was scanned delivered at four, they can go through the logs and find out exactly where the carrier was when the package was scanned delivered. Then just ask your mail carrier what happened to the package. They'll even try to obtain the package for you if it was delivered to the wrong address.

Good news, the post office managed to locate the package. I went in yesterday to ask with my tacking number. They said they would talk to the carrier and see what they could do. They wouldn't tell me what happened though just that I could pick it up or they could send it on to my house. I decided not to risk it again and just picked it up. From now on it's UPS or Fedex for me.
    I aim to misbehave.