www.immersionrc.com

Thread: Antenna Tracker V2 and Tiny Telemetry / other GPS

Navigator

Antenna Tracker V2 and Tiny Telemetry / other GPS

I'm sure many others have been trying to find Immersion RC's Tiny Telemetry module for a while....my Antenna tracker V2 is pretty useless without it. Are there other GPS modules that are compatible, or any other way of getting the tracker to work with a Pixhawk?
    Will the Tiny telemetry be re-introduced at any stage and does anyone know of any stockists out there?

The TinyTelemetry has been discontinued for quite some time, for the simple reason we only sold one or two every month and didn't build a new batch after stock ran out. Please consider that we can't just build a handful, we'll need to issue a build order for at least hundreds of pieces, so we'll probably be investing large sums of money into a product that sees no significant demand and we risk sitting on dead stock for months, if not years.
    Purveyor of the FPV secret sauce at ImmersionRC

Navigator
    Hi Sassen, thanks for the quick response and I fully appreciate the commercial realities. Is there any other GPS units that may work with the Antenna Tracker, or is this redundant too?

The EzOSD will perform the same function, with the OSD overlay as an added bonus. Unfortunately there's more to it than just a GPS receiver, as we encode GPS position and a host of other statistics into a datastream that's sent via the audio channel.
    Purveyor of the FPV secret sauce at ImmersionRC

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by ssassen View Post
    The EzOSD will perform the same function, with the OSD overlay as an added bonus. Unfortunately there's more to it than just a GPS receiver, as we encode GPS position and a host of other statistics into a datastream that's sent via the audio channel.
    Thanks for the answer Sassen, I have an EZOSD lying around but it's pretty bulky. Such a pity re the Tiny Telemetry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a great pity as I use the Immersionrc tracker, if "TinyTelemetry has been discontinued for quite some time" then why is the Antenna tracker V2 still on your web site? if some one buys one its useless without the TinyTelemetry or you have to pay for an oversized EzOSD. Not the back-up those that have bought and supported the immersionrc antenna tracker.

There is some way to do it in Arduino? if only to send GPS position and put some GPS that takes more than 7 satellites. I have the crawler dead laughing and it seems excessive to ride an OSD when I'm already on board.