Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Powercube FPVision

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by qavflyer View Post
    Ok, I finally got my build complete using the FPVision. Everything seems to be working out okay except I don't get a camera menu under the FPVision OSD settings. I am using a RunCam Swift mini. The only setting I see under the FPVCamera OSD setting is for audio. Any ideas? The RunCam swift mini has a separate two wire plug for OSD and the main plug which is connected to the camera port on the FPVision/PDB board has three wires connected - GND, Video, Power +. Am i missing something? Does the OSD wire have to connect somehow? Is this camera not supported and won't work? Any ideas? Thanks!
    The OSD pin on the camera is for changing the camera settings only. It has nothing to do with your FPVision OSD.
    The TBS FPVision doesn't even have an entry for Audio, so god knows what OSD you are looking at.

Connect your camera + - and v directly to camera input 1. A cable should have been included in the box that would allow you to easily do this. Keep in mind that your camera pin order might be different compared to camera input 1, so make sure you change the order if required. Otherwise, POOF!

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Telnoi View Post
    The OSD pin on the camera is for changing the camera settings only. It has nothing to do with your FPVision OSD.
    The TBS FPVision doesn't even have an entry for Audio, so god knows what OSD you are looking at.

Connect your camera + - and v directly to camera input 1. A cable should have been included in the box that would allow you to easily do this. Keep in mind that your camera pin order might be different compared to camera input 1, so make sure you change the order if required. Otherwise, POOF!

If you look in the OSD menu of the FPVision, there is a menu option for FPV Camera and under that menu option there is an option for Camera Audio which you can enable or disable SO I don't know what OSD you are looking at...(take a look here: )

The issue I have is that there is no menu option for "Camera Menu" which should be there so I can change the settings on my Mini-Swift camera via the TBSVision OSD.

Team BlackSheep
    If you look in the OSD menu of the FPVision, there is a menu option for FPV Camera and under that menu option there is an option for Camera Audio which you can enable or disable SO I don't know what OSD you are looking at...(take a look here: )

The issue I have is that there is no menu option for "Camera Menu" which should be there so I can change the settings on my Mini-Swift camera via the TBSVision OSD.
    Did you connect the OSD pin to the audio line of the cam input 1 of the FPVision board? Also make sure you use the latest stable or beta. The menu only shows up if it detects a valid signal on the audio line.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Perna View Post
    Did you connect the OSD pin to the audio line of the cam input 1 of the FPVision board? Also make sure you use the latest stable or beta. The menu only shows up if it detects a valid signal on the audio line.
    Thanks for the info. I had a feeling that this is what was needed to do to get the camera menu. Thanks for confirming!

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by RiSCyD View Post
    This is not supported yet in Betaflight, we do have this just for PX4 FC yet. For Colibri Race you need the TBS GPS connected to BST PORT
    @RISCyD should this be supported in the meantime? I have a Beitian BN-800 (which works great with iNav on my wing) connected to the Colibri. In Betaflight configurator I can see that the GPS is working and it shows a correct position there. But there is no GPS passed to the OSD. What I noticed that on my Crossfire TX the GPS coordinates show up but they are completly wrong. Should be 13.X / 52.x but it shows 0.1xxx / 0.2xxx.

Thanks.

Navigator
    Does anyone know if there's a reliable fix for the unstable OSD issues common with FPVision boards, where OSD image will start to flicker, scroll, fade out or disappear completely.

This seems to be a pretty common issue. There are numerous reports on this thread and the one on rcgroups for the Atom v2 of this issue, plus multiple videos on Youtube demonstrating it.

For me, the OSD image of the Vision board in my Atom v2 has tripped out so frequently since last fall that I've mostly just given up and put up with it. In this time, I've burned through a few of the terrible stock 120 degree CMOS cameras the Atom v2 is built around. Oddly, depending on the camera, the OSD issue seems to happen more or less frequently. And with the last camera I had in there it hadn't happened in months.

Sadly with the shiny new Runcam Swift Micro I installed in my Atom v2 a few days ago, the OSD on the Vision board seems to have completely shit itself. The first 5 or 6 flights were ok. But for the last 5 flights I put in earlier today, the OSD pretty much scrolled and flickered across the whole frame during continuously. Sometimes on initial powerup it would be reasonably stable, and many just oscillating up and down slightly. But it quickly would go to shit on takeoff or after less than a minute.

On getting home, I reflashed the Vision boards firmware to the latest. And now on the bench the OSD isn't even coming on half the time. I'm just seeing little bits flicker past. If I power cycle say a half dozen times, I can get either a stable or flickering OSD image, one which way will likely turn into a flicking mess shortly.

I did manage to enter the Runcam's built-in OSD through FPVision. The camera's built-in OSD was crystal clear and rock solid, likely due to not being designed by TBS . But on exiting the camera's OSD, I was met with TBS' poltergeist style OSD of flickering nonsense garbage.

Any help fixing this issue once and for all would be massively appreciated.
    Last edited by featherodd; 27th July 2017 at 10:17 PM.

Navigator
    Log a ticket with TBS. I'm sure they'll sort you out.

Navigator
    Anybody have a problem with the FPVision OSD reporting wrong voltage readings? Today I was flying my quad and everything was good for 8 batteries. Then all of a sudden after switching to a new battery and a different quadcopter still with a powercube fpvision, I began to fly and the battery percentage dropped very quickly to 40%. I pulled the battery and using a LiPo tester, it showed 15.7V and all 4 cells were about the same. I put the battery back in and it showed 15.7V and percentage was back to around 80%. I began flying and the percentage dropped to 10% within 30 seconds of flying. I pulled the battery and tested it and it showed 15.3V. I tried another 4S battery and it did the same thing so my thinking is that the batteries are ok but there is a problem with the OSD. I went back to the 1st quadcopter I was using during the day and it did the same thing too! Do I need to recalibrate within the OSD settings when I switch to another quadcopter? Any help/advise would be appreciated. I am running a fully TBS setup with a 2in1 TBS FPVision Powercube. OSD is running 1.68 which was the last stable release. BF is the latest release. (This is on both quadcopters) I charged both batteries and everything seems fine with the batteries. My plan is to re-flash the firmware and maybe try the latest beta version of the OSD and then recalibrate. Thanks for any help.

Update: Found that one of my batteries had a bad cell which mostly likely was causing this issue I was having. Not 100% sure but will have to wait until I can fly again (it was raining this weekend). I did some experimenting after reflashing the OSD via the TBS agent by flying around my somewhat small backyard and things seemed normal.
    Last edited by qavflyer; 9th August 2017 at 07:19 AM.

The option only appears once you have the OSD connected.
    similis vobis fugere eam furatus!

• Edith Sitwell "I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."

Quote Originally Posted by soph View Post
    @RISCyD should this be supported in the meantime? I have a Beitian BN-800 (which works great with iNav on my wing) connected to the Colibri. In Betaflight configurator I can see that the GPS is working and it shows a correct position there. But there is no GPS passed to the OSD. What I noticed that on my Crossfire TX the GPS coordinates show up but they are completly wrong. Should be 13.X / 52.x but it shows 0.1xxx / 0.2xxx.
    Any news here? Using an FPVision stack on a small wing would be just brilliant. Bot NOT with two GPS. It doesnt matter if iNav is able to read out the TBS GPS, or if the FPVision OSD can take the information from iNav. Both directions would be fine, just just two GPS is not.
    Who should do what? iNav integrating BST/GPS, or TBS taking data from iNav?
    ---> Let's make the Lab great again! <---

Caipi 2 / Strix Goblin / RVJet / Mini Race Wing / Mini Talon
    Copters from Whoop to XClass