Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banggoods answer to Connex

Navigator

Banggoods answer to Connex

Not sure if this has been talked about yet but it didn't take them long to create their own. Not much good for miniquads due to transmitter size but at least it will hopefully drive the price down on the Connex.

http://www.banggood.com/Insight-5_8G...l?rmmds=search

80ms latency. useless.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Trappy View Post
    80ms latency. useless.
    So still better then Lightbridge :-)

lightbridge claims 55ms

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Trappy View Post
    80ms latency. useless.
    I didn't notice that but it at least a step in the right direction. Only a matter of time before analog gear will be useless and we all can afford to make the jump. I would get the Connex now but that damn antenna just looks like crap and will get hung up on everything. When is TBS gonna find an alternate antenna solution? Unless you have one that you haven't shared with us yet ��

Navigator
    What I wonder is, instead of focussing on HD digital video with it's associated lag, why is there no focus on inventing an improved analog standard with at least twice as many lines as PAL or NTSC?
    Perhaps the technical challenges to do so are enormous, and of course that will involve redesigning cameras, transmitters, and receivers to support it.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by turdsurfer View Post
    What I wonder is, instead of focussing on HD digital video with it's associated lag, why is there no focus on inventing an improved analog standard with at least twice as many lines as PAL or NTSC?
    Perhaps the technical challenges to do so are enormous, and of course that will involve redesigning cameras, transmitters, and receivers to support it.
    I completely agree with you on that one. It's not like we're watching a movie. It would be good enough for me if it just didn't break up.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by turdsurfer View Post
    I believe this is the direction we are heading. Take a look at this technology, it can transfer live video at 15Mbps up to 50km without any data loss! It's still very expensive and still in t's infancy of development, however it's transmitter is very unique in that it uses multiple transmitters and dozens of tiny antennas inside it's dome. It's power is dynamic and it also functions as if it has diversity on steroids where only the tiny antenna's inside that are facing the receiver actually transmits a signal. It operates in the 2.0 -2.9Ghz range as well.

The do have fully functional drone transmitters also using the same technology, but they aren't priced for the average Joe.

https://www.km.kongsberg.com/ks/web/nokbg0240.nsf/AllWeb/BCCBAC3EA4EA6785C1257E280039BD63?OpenDocument
    Last edited by Clouseau; 13th October 2016 at 04:44 PM.
    "If it ain't broke, fix it until it is because obviously it doesn't have enough bells and whistles as it is...

Reckless Video Operator squishy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar157 View Post
    Only a matter of time before analog gear will be useless
    I strongly doubt analog gear will be useless considering the contrast in abilities and outcomes of it's current users. I would guess nearly 80% of all FPV pilots still do not even reach the limits of their own ability let alone the limits of the latency in their current systems or have a need for HD when they cannot even max the ability of an analog system.

what I'm saying is, people need to learn to rise to the equipment instead of thinking it will make you a better pilot, lol. HD FPV video, give me, nothing...nothing to aid my ability in FPV...it just makes it pretty...I guess perspective is half the battle..
    Flight Club - "In thrust we trust"

Co-Pilot
    Squishy, you are right... sort of.

Take latency for example...

You might think that a really top-notch pilot needs low-latency more than the average pilot, or even a nana like me.

But is that actually the case?

Let's say my reaction time is 300mS and a "top" pilot's reaction time is 200 (yeah, I know I'm not *that* good).

If the top pilot flies with a camera that has 50mS latency and a video link which adds another 50ms latency then effectively, their reaction time is reduced to the same as mine.

So who needs low latency more -- the guy who has slow reactions and thus needs all the help he can get?

Or the guy who has ultra-fast reactions so will see a bigger (percentage-wise) difference for every mS saved?

But me -- well so long as I can see enough to get me to the scene of the next crash, I'm all good!