Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Banggoods answer to Connex

I would say a good pilots reaction time is prob closer to 50-100ms

Navigator
    Reaction time stacks on top of your video latency..

Navigator
    S!
    All answers seem too much focus on racers..
    For planes , calm flyers don't seems bad...better resolution , better image more details to look for up there....

Enviado desde mi SM-T800 mediante Tapatalk

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by squishy View Post
    I strongly doubt analog gear will be useless considering the contrast in abilities and outcomes of it's current users. I would guess nearly 80% of all FPV pilots still do not even reach the limits of their own ability let alone the limits of the latency in their current systems or have a need for HD when they cannot even max the ability of an analog system.

what I'm saying is, people need to learn to rise to the equipment instead of thinking it will make you a better pilot, lol. HD FPV video, give me, nothing...nothing to aid my ability in FPV...it just makes it pretty...I guess perspective is half the battle..
    squishy
    I don't agree as it's not going to be the pilots choice. Remember when buying an HD TV was optional and you had 100 cds in a pouch sitting in the passengers seat. Where are those damn cds lol, I come from the days where I had a tape deck in my car and the radio had a removable face so nobody steals your radio so I have actually have seen how far technology has come and there's no going back.

Navigator
    I'm not sure.. all I know is it's under 400ft
    Speaking of latency related to FPV equipment I read Cleanflight triples normal 27ms PPM latency to 81ms and normal 9ms SBUS to 27ms due to 3-point averaging being used tripling latency. Can anyone confirm that "fact"? Do the math and you will see with just this "little" bit of PPM latency a 90mm quad cannot see it's own size coming up at walking speed to make through a hole or past a branch and is over 2ft @ 30MPH where damage is likely to happen when you zig instead of zag around a tree branch. There are many misconceptions regarding RC equipment and I am of the belief like stringed music equipment good RC equipment (fast low latency, etc) will make more of a difference to a beginner learning to fly successfully than an expert but both will strongly desire the best equipment to perform well after trying both out. 81 ms of latency added on is HUGE and very detrimental IMO. You may not know "why" you crashed but you will understand the repair bill. Some believe slow servos make flying a helicopter easier... put a 2 ft round stick the size of a pencil on a surface that moves by servos and you will see the faster the servo the easier it is to balance a short stick. And with issues of latency the faster you fly the shorter the stick gets...

Navigator
    I'm not sure.. all I know is it's under 400ft
    Well from what I've learned it looks like the 3-point averaging in Cleanflight causing triple latency is real.... so SBUS RX is required to not go past normal PPM 27ms latency.
    Last edited by John Hendry; 16th November 2016 at 01:49 AM. Reason: typo

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    Does anybody really believe those specs? We're talking about Banggood here. You know it's all a lie.

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting