FPVLAB

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: FPVWRA Race Wing - Open source airplane

Forum Member
    @Alex, how "rigid" are those specs?
    Could the wing be a "blunt nose" type ass long it as the same specs, 36'' wing span and so on?

Personally I prefer the "blunt nose" as they provide a nice area to place the gear.
    www. [B]xRotor[/B] .net | [I][SIZE="1"]0x0FPV00[/SIZE][/I]
    youtube.com/Nandox7

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cdraptor View Post
    FPVWRA Spec Wing build in progress

Attachment 74608
    Top HulkSmash color scheme
    Picked up two of these at Feat Meet and need to get building, what are you folks using for paint?
    [URL]https://bostonmultirotorclub.com/[/URL]

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonFPV View Post
    Picked up two of these at Feat Meet and need to get building, what are you folks using for paint?
    For EPP I really like the Krylon Cover Maxx, good selection of colors and goes on great.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
    @Alex, how "rigid" are those specs?
    Could the wing be a "blunt nose" type ass long it as the same specs, 36'' wing span and so on?

Personally I prefer the "blunt nose" as they provide a nice area to place the gear.
    No blunts allowed in the spec. I, too prefer the blunt nose, but the plane is so light and simple, you don't need the blunt anyway.

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

[url]videoaerialsystems.com[/url] - Performance video piloting

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonFPV View Post
    Nothing beats plasti-dip spray.

-Alex

Forum Member
    Hi Alex,

Ordered the wing from stone blue, got tired of my failed attempts at hot wire cutting one. I have a few questions though about the spec class. Mainly about the rules.

1. Size, with the spec wing being 36 inches, are you going to allow others that are close in size (ie. 38 inch) to compete in the class also? For example the new wing from crash test hobbies.
    2. I am assuming motor used will be only the 2826/2200 or equivalant (ie. 350 watts)
    3. Battery only 3S?
    4. Do you have templates for both the root chord and the tip chord, or do we just upsize and downsize. Also I couldn't find the NACA 014 in the database, I did find an 015 though, would that work? I am going to be tracing the airfoil when I receive mine, but thought that info might help others.
    5. Do you have any proposed course layouts?
    6. Will this become an actual organization such as MultiGP?

I know I will have more questions, but thats all I can think of at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
    No blunts allowed in the spec. I, too prefer the blunt nose, but the plane is so light and simple, you don't need the blunt anyway.

-Alex

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by photohap View Post
    Hi Alex,

Ordered the wing from stone blue, got tired of my failed attempts at hot wire cutting one. I have a few questions though about the spec class. Mainly about the rules.

1. Size, with the spec wing being 36 inches, are you going to allow others that are close in size (ie. 38 inch) to compete in the class also? For example the new wing from crash test hobbies.
    2. I am assuming motor used will be only the 2826/2200 or equivalant (ie. 350 watts)
    3. Battery only 3S?
    4. Do you have templates for both the root chord and the tip chord, or do we just upsize and downsize. Also I couldn't find the NACA 014 in the database, I did find an 015 though, would that work? I am going to be tracing the airfoil when I receive mine, but thought that info might help others.
    5. Do you have any proposed course layouts?
    6. Will this become an actual organization such as MultiGP?

I know I will have more questions, but thats all I can think of at the moment.
    1. No. The plane MUST fit the spec. 36" +/- 1" Therefore 35-37". Crash Test has all of my files and can cut the spec wing exactly as I cut mine.
    2. Equivalent means 2210 stator and 2200kV. The Turnigy motor happens to be cheap and fits the bill, but if there are other 2210 stator motors with 2200kV rating, those would be allowed, too.
    3. 3S 2200 only for competitive racing. You can put whatever you want in it to bash around, though.
    4. It is a NACA 0014, but the image file is on the first post so you can just scale it however you need. NACA 0015 would be acceptable as well. Any fully symettrical with spec thickness is ok.
    5. I have a few. They will be published in coordination with MultiGP.
    6. Yes. Already incorporated and have elected officials as well as safety guidelines, ect. We are waiting for all the major races to finish before we roll out the 2017 race plan.

-Alex

Forum Member
    Painting is done!
    Ended up using "Krylon for Plastic" as I had a bunch left over from a previous project.
    As someone else mentioned, the battery box cutout is farther toward the LE than the build video. The plan is to put those spars right through the edge of the cutout.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spec-wing.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	207.5 KB 
ID:	74707
    Last edited by BostonFPV; 17th October 2016 at 09:57 AM. Reason: accidentally a word
    [URL]https://bostonmultirotorclub.com/[/URL]

Forum Member
    No video gear yet, but should be AUW of 23.2oz. Went together great!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reduced_kris_wing.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	170.1 KB 
ID:	74715

Forum Member
    like I need a reason for another wing... following.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast