FPVLAB

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: FPVWRA Race Wing - Open source airplane

Navigator

FPVWRA Race Wing - Open source airplane

HobbyKing.com and PlaneInsaneRC.com are the only places I know of that sell the motor. They also sell ESCs, servos, props, and (at Hobby King at least), FPV gear, but neither of them sell the Spec wing kit. SBA sells the Spec wing kit, servos, ESCs, props, and FPV gear, but not the motor, so you're going to have to pay at least 2 shipping charges.

In my experience, FPV is not an easy, one-stop-shopping hobby. That said, if you want something similar to the Spec wing (but doesn't meet the class requirements), the CrashTestHobbies.com Assassin with all flying gear is available here. I haven't found any FPV gear on their site though, so you're still looking at 2 shipping charges.

http://www.planeinsanerc.com/index.php?PageID=269#1676

If compatibility is the main concern, any 9-12g metal gear servos should work with any receiver, any 40A brushless ESC will work with the spec motor and any receiver, any 600tvl CCD board camera should work with any 40-channel 5.8GHz 200mw video transmitter, and they'll all work with the spec 3S 2200mah battery. FPV has gotten pretty standardized over the last year, so you shouldn't have much to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by knight907; 21st November 2016 at 11:13 PM.

Navigator
    Knight,
    You got my point perfectly. Just hoping I could find some one-stop-shopping.

Happy Thanksgiving,
    Larry

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    LRFitch - Unfortunately, the organization needed to be set up without vendor influence to avoid conflict of interest. Thus, vendors are catching up to this and will stock everything in the future. Aerial Visions went as far as to have Cobra manufacture a spec motor. The Turnigy is not the only motor. The Motrofly 2210/6 also meets spec.

This is unfortunately the growing pains of a new organization. It is only 1 week old (technically speaking) and growing fast. Give it a little time for people to adjust and roll with it and everything will smooth out. We are here to support you.

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

Where does the shot glass of tequila go so that when I time my inverted pass it pours it into my mouth without having to remove my goggles?
    Ross
    Orlando FL USA

Fly Be Free - For a Few Kazillion Bucks that is...

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nucc10 View Post
    Where does the shot glass of tequila go so that when I time my inverted pass it pours it into my mouth without having to remove my goggles?
    I'd say to ask Bob Hoover. He was *the* expert at pouring drinks with an airplane. Unfortunately you've missed your chance, and we're all poorer for it.

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nucc10 View Post
    Real pilots place it on their head and knock it over with their plane while flying inverted

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

Quote Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
    Real pilots place it on their head and knock it over with their plane while flying inverted

-Alex
    Real pilots have it delivered to the cockpit by a 30 something very good looking female. ;-)

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by knight907 View Post
    Almost ready to maiden. I just need to set the control throws, but I'm not sure what to set them to. Any suggestions?

lookinbadass!

for throws on these 3 ft wings, I usually program in 3 different rates. Launch on med or low, and usually ramp up to high rates once trimmed, balanced and feelin-it. High rates being like 40 degrees or so. heck maybe more. Light wing that can fly slow can really dance with high rates. Though these are not especially large elevons
    Last edited by BCSaltchucker; 24th November 2016 at 07:48 PM.
    another friggin lawn dart. love it

Navigator
    2 Spec class wings built. The front one was cut from FlyingFoam, need to heat shrink the bullets and its ready to fly (as soon as the Seattle weather permits). The back one is from Stone Blue, I need to put new FPV gear in that one, its been flown already and flew quite well.

Very happy with the spec wing so far.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spec wings.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	132.0 KB 
ID:	75238

Navigator
    @gobigdale, Where did you order your kit from? SBA's listing of included parts seems
    to be light in reference to your pics earlier in the thread.
    Thanks

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast