Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: Z1 and other hotwired cut kits

Forum Member
    Hey Chris, what's the difference between the Hardcore 60 that I see team legit selling and the Zephyr 1.5? 3 inches? Any other differences? Thanks man.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmerly View Post
    11 to 11 1/4 inches from tip of nose
    Hey Hmerly,

Are you positive? Is it right that the cg is 11 - 11 on the 63? That brings it almost to the motor mount. I just can't fathom that that's where it is. If this is a scaled 44, it should be up in the middle of the rear bay. I don't feel I can confidently build it with the CG there... at least without verification that it is indeed " in front of the rear most horizontal fiber spar, just in front of the drop off for the motor mount. I'll post a pic in a second just for verification. Thanks man.

Scott

Pic:

Last edited by Hoss; 7th October 2017 at 09:43 PM.

Forum Member
    Yep from the horse's mouth. I fly mine at 11". It lands right on the front rear spar ( mine isn't quad spar so location of spar is different from yours ).

Forum Member
    I think the surface spars are the same regardless - it just doesn't have the same interior sparring. At least that's what I thought. Does yours look different from mine above? I figured the bays and such would be the same regardless of sparring, but maybe I'm wrong. Actually, it looks like 11" falls right on the bay lid seam, so maybe I am wrong... Thanks, either way.

Scott

Forum Member
    Mine had more fiberglass spars. He doubled them up at the rear.

Forum Member
    Ahhh, gotcha. Thanks.

Scott

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    Ahhh, gotcha. Thanks.

Scott

what did you end up doing to hold the Session?

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by represent View Post
    what did you end up doing to hold the Session?
    I found a mount on thingiverse that I'm going to use. I'm going to use it on the zeph 1.5 as well as the big drak that will be going to the table soon. For the zxl Chris has a mount that he made that he's sending me - so you might be able to get one from him if he's selling them. Not sure what it looks like yet but should have it soon. The printed one in the pic below is pretty kick ass, and since I find the light handling and sound markedly better on the session 5 than I do on the hero 4 black, I'm going with the session on all aircraft from now on. I'll find the file and link it, though it shouldn't be tough to spot searching GoPro session wing mount. I'm going to mount it, then use the dremel to make the side pieces flush with the airframe. Or leave them maybe... Can't hurt to have a little protection... It's got slots for a Velcro strap around the session.

Scott

Forum Member
    Hoss, thanks, I found the mount and will print one tonight.

I received 2 of the same cam boxes you mention (the ones for the Session 5 and flight cam from Chris) for the Z63 and Z83. I've been speaking with Chris, but the box I received leaves a lot of the camera box in the video frame when shooting in Superview. So they won't work for my purposes at the moment.. Im going to send him my session 5 in about a week for him to use in R&D for the next box....

John

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by represent View Post
    Hoss, thanks, I found the mount and will print one tonight.

I received 2 of the same cam boxes you mention (the ones for the Session 5 and flight cam from Chris) for the Z63 and Z83. I've been speaking with Chris, but the box I received leaves a lot of the camera box in the video frame when shooting in Superview. So they won't work for my purposes at the moment.. Im going to send him my session 5 in about a week for him to use in R&D for the next box....

John
    Hey John,

Were they side by side configuration or stacked (kinda like the hardcore mounts where you stick the flight cam inside and then stack the hd cam on top)? Can you send a pic? Chris mentioned that he was sending me a session mount for the zxl, and when they came (there were 2) both were the stacking kind, not the side by side. Curious to see what the mount you have looks like. On big birds like these, I'm partial to a side by side config. Allows you to properly protect your camera, not have anything sticking way up above the surface of the airfoil, and minimizes the risk of losing or breaking it should you crash.

Scott