ReadyMadeRC!

Thread: Connecting audio on the RMRC Cricket Pro - 5.8GHz VTX on a Redrotor RROSD PDB

Connecting audio on the RMRC Cricket Pro - 5.8GHz VTX on a Redrotor RROSD PDB

I just recently purchased a RMRC Cricket Pro - 5.8GHz VTX. I never found the need to fly my quad without the use of the built-in mic feature that comes with the Cricket Pro. I really want to start using the audio function of the Cricket Vtx to further enhance my flying experience. Does anyone who uses the cricket vtx and Redrotor RROSD PDB familiar on the best way to connect the wiring for the built-in microphone? The RROSD only has signal, +, and - pin connectors for the vtx. Just wondering where I hook up the audio wire to the PDB. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    NH2LB

The Cricket does not have an audio wire. The wires for the Cricket are Power In, Ground, Video In, Ground, and 5V out.
    The microphone is built into the Vtx and the audio is broadcast with the video signal. You need to connect to the audio channel on your Video receiver to something that outputs sound.

What receiver are you using?
    Last edited by Anhydrite; 25th September 2016 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anhydrite View Post
    The Cricket does not have an audio wire. The wires for the Cricket are Power In, Ground, Video In, Ground, and 5V out.
    The microphone is built into the Vtx and the audio is broadcast with the video signal. You need to connect to the audio channel on your Video receiver to something that outputs sound.

What receiver are you using?
    I am using the NexWave RF rx module for my Fatshark V3 Dominator goggles. You are right. I just hooked up my earphones in the earphone jack on my fatshark goggles and I was able to get audio from the Cricket Vtx. I didn't realize that an audio wire was not included in the supplied cable for the cricket. I mistaken my other brand name video transmitters that have a signal cable for audio.

Many thanks!
    NH2LB