FPVLAB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nano skyhunter Vs Mini Wraith Vs Ninox

Navigator

Nano skyhunter Vs Mini Wraith Vs Ninox

Hey guys,

After landing my Caipirinha into the lovely (but so corrosively salty) Mediterranean, I’m on the lookout for my next small FPV bird. Would love some input!

I’m currently torn between:

What I’m after is a bird that’s small but can carry an HD cam (and my FPV gear comprised of an immersion 2.4 VTx, Cam and potentially a small OSD and/or stabilizer). Break-resistance is certainly a bonus!

Current thoughts are as follows:

Nano Skyhunter

• People seem to love it (and it looks cool too)
    • Flies great
    • Seems to break a bit more easily than the other options
    • Really worried it can’t carry much weight at all. Starting weight seems to be around 340 (230g for the plane + 110 for a batt) and the recommended AUW is 375 so even with a runcam this is all looking a bit too heavy

Wraith micro

• People seem to love it
    • Flies great
    • Unbreakable
    • Doesn’t look as good as the other options
    • But it seems to carry more weight, perhaps even enough for my FPV stuff plus a gopro session (I don’t own a runcam so I’d rather not splash out on one)

Ninox

• Can carry tons of weight
    • Nice folding design
    • Seems quite break resistant
    • Doesn't seem very agile or fun
    • But… I can’t find a single person who’s flown it

So there you go… any and all input, thoughts and ideas most welcome!

Cheers
    Last edited by ProtoCrash; 30th August 2016 at 09:37 AM.

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    As the manufacturer of the wraith I can tell you it can carry a lot of weight. The problem with an HD camera is finding a place to put it. You can put it on the nose, but you will need to mount your VTX on the tail in order to balance the airplane.

The Nano SkyHunter can also hold a Session or a RunCam with no problem. The specified max load is far too low. However, the tail is very weak and the wings tend to flex under high load. If you intend to fly aggressively, this is not the plane for your needs.

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

I have a great plane I have been working on for a while now. It will meet your criteria, and then some. It is a twin tail boomer, and is very versatile and tough. You can fly a 3s 2200 up to dual 4s 5000 lipos. You have ample room for fpv gear, and you can haul a gopro if that is your thing.

You can build the plane for about $30 then add your gear and go fly.

This plane has taken over as my go to fpv rig, and I have a bunch of nice rigs. It is a basher by design and can hit a brick wall at 40 mph and go right back up.

It is an option well worth trying imho.

Navigator
    Let's see it!

Navigator
    Hey Alex, thanks for the input!

Pilot
    I have a nano skyhunter but haven't flown it yet. I have a Nerdcam3d on it with a custom 3d printed cockpit that I designed to hold the camera. I am using a 250mw tx, a TSLRS normal range rx, a TBS 3s 1700 lipo (very light for its size because it's only 8c). The plane is coming in at 413 grams. Do you think that's too heavy Alex or is it going to break? I can go to a smaller lipo and reduce the amount of plastic in my 3d printed cockpit but I don't think I'll ever get it under 375 grams. Maybe I can get it to 390 or so... Is it worth it or just fly it at 413?

Navigator
    It will fly fine at 413g.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by faber View Post
    I have a great plane I have been working on for a while now. It will meet your criteria, and then some. It is a twin tail boomer, and is very versatile and tough. You can fly a 3s 2200 up to dual 4s 5000 lipos. You have ample room for fpv gear, and you can haul a gopro if that is your thing.

You can build the plane for about $30 then add your gear and go fly.

This plane has taken over as my go to fpv rig, and I have a bunch of nice rigs. It is a basher by design and can hit a brick wall at 40 mph and go right back up.

It is an option well worth trying imho.
    You have my attention good sir !

I have me Nano at 470 and it flies great! I also use a 3s 850 pack for about 10 minutes of flight time and I know it can carry a 1300 without issue.

I've had the NSH and now the Wraith and the NSH is gone. The wraith flys so much better, it handles wind better and once laminated can crash and fly again.

Go for the Wraith

https://youtu.be/8mW698pI-MA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast