FPVLAB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ASDPyro's Ritewing ZII Project

In my first few videos when I stopped my motor the props kept spinning and didn't fold back, I have slowly been increasing my esc's motor brake till they start folding more reliably. Today I did two flights and they folded half the time at 50% brake. Guess I need to add more brake. 70% maybe?

I had the same problem with the Zeph I, I just trimmed down my throttle on the Futaba rc tx.
    TBS Zephyr, real FPV vids on the way:

Nicely done, not very often you'll see someone FPV'ing a zeph that quick - nice.
    "Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

Quote Originally Posted by Scotttu View Post
    Nicely done, not very often you'll see someone FPV'ing a zeph that quick - nice.
    I already have so much R/c experience that to me, LOS was actually quite boring with the zeph. I could fly it right side up, up side down, roll, loop... My gas planes are faster, better for tricks and the like. So after a couple flights with someone else watching the screen without any major glitches I thought I would jump into it. :P

Made probably the two biggest mistakes in my first 2 FPV flights (luckily, without loosing the plane), and I now pay attention to those two things very carefully.
    1. Wasn't paying attention to distance and quickly flew a mile away which was not my intention.
    2. Flew to the other side of a hill way too low which caused some serious glitching in my servos and video. I was very lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    I had the same problem with the Zeph I, I just trimmed down my throttle on the Futaba rc tx.
    I have my throttle limits set so that that my stick goes down to 0% throttle, the problem is that after reducing the throttle to 0% my airspeed is still enough to keep the prop spinning even with the current amount of brake (50%). With my current brake setting I have to Nose up and reduce my speed till the brake is enough to fold the props back.

Went up to 80% Brake and prop stops well enough.. More than I thought I would need though. My idle amp draw has gone up from .2 amps to .6 amps in order to use that high of a brake though

Not that .4 amp change will effect much. lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12