FPVLAB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wing Wing Z-84 (845mm) - 72.6km long range flight into tropical storm

Man, watching this makes me wish I lived in a place where this was remotely feasible and I wouldn't go to jail

Sorry for late updates, kinda busy with lots of r/c stuff to enjoy recently. So here are some video updates on Z-84 flights and also some rain and stuff again.

Videos:

ican3d,

These are some impressive flights.

I am looking for a platform that is some what rugged that I can take out into mountainous terrain and zip around over trees. I would like to also fly out to ranges of 5-10miles.

From what I can see you have a pretty solid package in this plane. Only $30 for the kit too!

Are you transmitting any video at all? I know you said you have no video but I saw a tX in one of your pictures.

Just trying to take into consideration for battery consumption if I add in a 200mw transmitter.

Wow I just looked through your build and this is extremely impressive for the parts you chose. Very "low budget".
    Last edited by Hockeystud87; 20th February 2018 at 04:25 PM.
    sum ting wong
    WI to low
    BANG DING OW -chatch

Sounds like a typical RcLab1 maiden flight to me -ssassen

Whatever. This forum sucks. -SENTRY

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeystud87 View Post
    ican3d,

These are some impressive flights.

I am looking for a platform that is some what rugged that I can take out into mountainous terrain and zip around over trees. I would like to also fly out to ranges of 5-10miles.

From what I can see you have a pretty solid package in this plane. Only $30 for the kit too!

Are you transmitting any video at all? I know you said you have no video but I saw a tX in one of your pictures.

Just trying to take into consideration for battery consumption if I add in a 200mw transmitter.

Wow I just looked through your build and this is extremely impressive for the parts you chose. Very "low budget".

Sorry for late reply cos i'm always hangging around actively on other forum. Btw thanks for the compliments. For this build it doesn't transmit video at all but the tx i assume the Turnigy 9X radio transmitter only used for lanching and landing. It was build for autonomous only designed to reduce cost, less video 'sniffing' from 'listener' and build to explorer places unreacheable behind hills and valleys without too much money..thus let me learn robotic uav flight efficiency. However i did open a thread forum on 'other side' where people do put video transmitter for long range FPV and some manage to beat my long range records. With FPV onboard you will still get impressive 24km with 5.8ghz 200mw on narrow beam antenna and 2.4ghz yagi on controller (tx).

Ah! forgot to put updates of latest video on my Z-84 activity, below are some:

Videos:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12