Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fatshark Killer

Quote Originally Posted by Xaser View Post
    Well.. so you are blaming FS for doing R&D on this stuff, i.e. invest money in this stuff, which they somehow have to make back so they can .. you know.. live.. somehow? and you cheer for the people that just copy that design and sell it for less because they don't have to make up for the R&D investment?
    I don't think "blaming" is the right word, I think once something is designed and years down the road you still charge top dollar I'm going to have a problem with you.
    And since when is standing up for corps/businesses become de rigueur, it's your hard earned money stop being a sucker.

So Wayne is this ImmersionRC and Fatshark thing new or has it always been the same company?
    “Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness.”
    - Alejandro Jodorowsky

Last edited by doobie; 15th August 2016 at 10:26 PM. Reason: spelt titties wrong

Quote Originally Posted by CongoSavanne View Post
    So Wayne is this ImmersionRC and Fatshark thing new or has it always been the same company?
    Oh what, you cannot Google it?

Give it up pal.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

I don't think "blaming" is the right word, I think once something is designed and years down the road you still charge top dollar I'm going to have a problem with you.
    And since when is standing up for corps/businesses become de rigueur, it's your hard earned money stop being a sucker.
    1. I find it VERY interesting that you, as an external, can make such an accurate analysis of the financial situation of FS. Where did you get sales information, production, component cost, shipping cost, operation costs, R&D costs, tooling costs, etc. etc. from? Also I think its not fair to say "years down the road". The goggles that were developed years ago aren't for sale anymore, more money has gone into R&D to make them better.

2. I am gladly standing up for innovative companies like FS that are risking to be ripped of by chinese copycats, because I for one, as an aspiring electrical engineer, don't want to see my money vanish so other people can make money by ripping me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Channel 1 View Post
    Yea, they basically knock off the design, use cheaper parts and claim (and dummies go for it) they are better then what they copied.

Now in full disclosure, I bought a pair of FS (non HD) goggles and they where not too impressive, actually they where way over priced for what they provided, when the HD's came out another pair was obtained and again didn't meet my requirements so I gave to a friend of mine who tore them down and the conclusion was they where not worth reverse engineering to improve upon.

That's all I can say about them.

Wayne
    "Use cheaper parts" That's a bit disingenuous since we don't know what Skyzone uses, or are you holding out on us again?
    I have noted that almost every review and comment I have read from SZ users has been positive.
    - Alejandro Jodorowsky

Last edited by doobie; 15th August 2016 at 10:26 PM. Reason: spelt titties wrong

BTW it's posts like this that gone you run off of this forum as DB33.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Oh what, you cannot Google it?

Give it up pal.

Wayne
    Well if I goggle it (laugh) you can't hold it over me as my "total ineptness".
    - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"Use cheaper parts" That's a bit disingenuous since we don't know what Skyzone uses, or are you holding out on us again?
    I have noted that almost every review and comment I have read from SZ users has been positive.
    Again you are demonstrating you lack of knowledge of how knock off companies work.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Well if I goggle it (laugh) you can't hold it over me as my "total ineptness".
    Who gives a crap.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaser View Post
    1. I find it VERY interesting that you, as an external, can make such an accurate analysis of the financial situation of FS. Where did you get sales information, production, component cost, shipping cost, operation costs, R&D costs, tooling costs, etc. etc. from? Also I think its not fair to say "years down the road". The goggles that were developed years ago aren't for sale anymore, more money has gone into R&D to make them better.

2. I am gladly standing up for innovative companies like FS that are risking to be ripped of by chinese copycats, because I for one, as an aspiring electrical engineer, don't want to see my money vanish so other people can make money by ripping me off.
    I find it interesting that you know so much about the process that you waited this long to bring it up.

My conversation with people that do this sort of thing (like my brother) gave me the understanding that it goes like this.
    Idea - rough prototype - find a source for parts and assembly - marketing.

The real issue is a lack of competition, and if I'm being fair the lack of a decent market.

And yes if someone can make the same thing (or better) for less than an American corp then guess who gets my money.

That's the reason I drive a Toyota and not a Ford, it's just better.

And now riddle me this Xaser...
    Did you notice what Channel1 said?
    Now in full disclosure, I bought a pair of FS (non HD) goggles and they where not too impressive, actually they where way over priced for what they provided, when the HD's came out another pair was obtained and again didn't meet my requirements so I gave to a friend of mine who tore them down and the conclusion was they where not worth reverse engineering to improve upon.

That's all I can say about them.

Wayne
    Jesus CHannel1, it's a little early to be as drunk as you are.
    - Alejandro Jodorowsky

Who gives a crap.

Wayne
    You do, you keep posting.
    Aren't you glad I don't whine about going "offtopic".
    - Alejandro Jodorowsky

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast