Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: The Fatshark Killer

Quote Originally Posted by doobie View Post
    I tend to try to buy the best quality for the less $ cash if I can. but for me the most important is the support behind the product. no sense in buying anything that you cant get fixed or parts for or even worse, the company that always blames someone elses component inside theirs and therefore cant warranty it .
    That's a good point, what would the support be like from SZ, FS does seem to honor that.

And Xaser buying second hand is OK, as long as it's German or Japanese.
    I am amazed at how many offers I get for my vehicle.

Again you have libeled me, my misspellings are because I don't under the English language and grammar that that modifies it all that well
    I have never seen you write the way you have in this thread, you're usually very articulate and well written.
    I also perceived you as a person that doesn't get offended by online ranting, which is all this thread ever was for me.

Again, you seem truly offended, so I apologize.
    “Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness.”
    - Alejandro Jodorowsky

Last edited by doobie; 15th August 2016 at 10:26 PM. Reason: spelt titties wrong

Didn't anyone think a opensource goggle along the lines of the way the Taranis came to be is a good idea?
    Based on this thread I was under the impression that a Tx that could do all this at the 200$ price point was unheard of before, why not with goggles and HD video.
    - Alejandro Jodorowsky

Last edited by doobie; 15th August 2016 at 10:26 PM. Reason: spelt titties wrong

Navigator
    The problem as I see it, in line with Congo, is thisI'll put money on it) Skyzone, Fatshark and most of the others are cross utilizing display panels. My bet is they are viewfinder panels originally designed for camcorders, remember those ancient boxes everyone used to lug around and point at stuff to record? The tooling and manufacture of anything better than these poor quality displays will require a big commitment from somebody, and the biggest inhibitor is, they will not do it until someone else comes along with the idea that making a great image for essentially poor quality composite video will sweep the market. They all probably think (correctly) that it will only happen when FHD fpv becomes affordable and long range, and dropout free and latency free but.. I made a system up running S-video, it was a little difficult getting the Y-C outputs from the Effio-E and having to run two video transmitters, with mixed Y in C-tx to maintain timebase, and my HD display in my home made goggles fortunately supports true S video (not the fake coupled to composite) but with all that proof of an old concept, the quality is outstanding.
    It is ancient old technology, but just so much better than composite, I'm amazed how forgotten it is. Plus there is still no latency.
    So, I think the problem is permanent. Nobody will tool up and design a decent (non generic) composite processor and display in a 1" format, nobody else will likely come along, the only light down that tunnel will be a long range digital system that might prompt a native 2K screen with more than 4 bit grayscaling and gamma expansion etc etc (more wishful thinking)... but.. well just try listening to DAB in a moving car.. they've got a huge long way to go. That is why I built my own, and it is cheaper than fatsharks, by comparison my Skyzones are like looking out the front window of a 747 from seat 57G..totally un immersive, and I hate bumping the frequency button when I move them.. I just keep waiting, in vain, for something that will come close to my homemades but smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Alasdairx View Post
    My bet is they are viewfinder panels originally designed for camcorders, remember those ancient boxes everyone used to lug around and point at stuff to record?
    Hey some of us still prefer to use such platforms and make a good bit of money with them as well. ;-)

Not to mention the stability a 20 pound platform provides when shoulder held, versus a handheld I something or compact camcorder.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camside.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	335.7 KB 
ID:	74046

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

The problem as I see it, in line with Congo, is thisI'll put money on it) Skyzone, Fatshark and most of the others are cross utilizing display panels. My bet is they are viewfinder panels originally designed for camcorders, remember those ancient boxes everyone used to lug around and point at stuff to record? The tooling and manufacture of anything better than these poor quality displays will require a big commitment from somebody, and the biggest inhibitor is, they will not do it until someone else comes along with the idea that making a great image for essentially poor quality composite video will sweep the market. They all probably think (correctly) that it will only happen when FHD fpv becomes affordable and long range, and dropout free and latency free but.. I made a system up running S-video, it was a little difficult getting the Y-C outputs from the Effio-E and having to run two video transmitters, with mixed Y in C-tx to maintain timebase, and my HD display in my home made goggles fortunately supports true S video (not the fake coupled to composite) but with all that proof of an old concept, the quality is outstanding.
    It is ancient old technology, but just so much better than composite, I'm amazed how forgotten it is. Plus there is still no latency.
    So, I think the problem is permanent. Nobody will tool up and design a decent (non generic) composite processor and display in a 1" format, nobody else will likely come along, the only light down that tunnel will be a long range digital system that might prompt a native 2K screen with more than 4 bit grayscaling and gamma expansion etc etc (more wishful thinking)... but.. well just try listening to DAB in a moving car.. they've got a huge long way to go. That is why I built my own, and it is cheaper than fatsharks, by comparison my Skyzones are like looking out the front window of a 747 from seat 57G..totally un immersive, and I hate bumping the frequency button when I move them.. I just keep waiting, in vain, for something that will come close to my homemades but smaller.
    I agree no one really wants to jump off the cliff unless there's a pile of money to land on.

I'm puzzled why I can buy a tablet with high res screen for 89$'s (that screen minus the electronics would fit perfectly in a headset) and why my ($800 for everything) Phantom can deliver 720 feed to my headset, and yet I see no one combining these items to make an affordable HD set up.
    Though HD is coming down in price, again a opensource community effort along the lines of Taranis and other hardware directed at HD transmission and headsets would be the way to go.
    - Alejandro Jodorowsky

Quote Originally Posted by CongoSavanne View Post
    I'm puzzled why I can buy a tablet with high res screen for 89$'s (that screen minus the electronics would fit perfectly in a headset) and why my ($800 for everything) Phantom can deliver 720 feed to my headset, and yet I see no one combining these items to make an affordable HD set up.
    The answer is the that will be quantity sold, the market for FPV goggles is very small and the cost to build such a device for such a small market is why the prices remain higher then what is seen with a mass market devices.

And unlike say the Cinemizer FS goggles have only one purpose, further limiting their mass market appeal, which is why a one trick pony like the Fatshark HD (HD which is a joke), sells for $500, while the nextgen Cinemizer which is truly an immersive HD experience which can be used with many different video sources sells for $800

And when the technologies are compared clearly show the Cinemizer' to be a much better deal.

Wayne
    Last edited by Channel 1; 24th August 2016 at 12:39 PM.
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Navigator
    Is the cinemiser immersive, running to the edges of natural fov, or is it like looking at a laptop from the end of your driveway? It still seems to be way ott for the product price wise. The China build price would be under twenty dollars, based on what we have manufactured there, and the only requirement is the order quantity. Electronics manufacture now is so ridiculously cheap, name brand margins are where the pain comes from. Boards we made locally used to cost near $50 only 10 years ago, we now buy them pre made, a thousand at a time for under $2 each. The global market for anything fpv is skyrocketing now, the market is growing exponentially.

Is the cinemiser immersive, running to the edges of natural fov, or is it like looking at a laptop from the end of your driveway? It still seems to be way ott for the product price wise. The China build price would be under twenty dollars, based on what we have manufactured there, and the only requirement is the order quantity. Electronics manufacture now is so ridiculously cheap, name brand margins are where the pain comes from. Boards we made locally used to cost near $50 only 10 years ago, we now buy them pre made, a thousand at a time for under $2 each. The global market for anything fpv is skyrocketing now, the market is growing exponentially.
    This has been my point all along, they could make high end goggles and sell them here for 199$'s. (which is a fair price)
    This is why I think a community effort is needed, did you notice that the price of name brand radios dropped after the Taranis became popular?
    - Alejandro Jodorowsky

Quote Originally Posted by CongoSavanne View Post
    This has been my point all along, they could make high end goggles and sell them here for 199$'s.
    Before you get too excited on building goggles, you might want to consider that it appears on Monday the use of goggles for FPV will be banned by the FAA new rule 107.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by Channel 1 View Post
    Before you get too excited on building goggles, you might want to consider that it appears on Monday the use of goggles for FPV will be banned by the FAA new rule 107.

Wayne
    What are you drinking today? It is not banned. https://www.faa.gov/news/fact_sheets...m?newsId=20516

You can even get the required certification to legally fly big drones now.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast