Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: The Fatshark Killer

Quote Originally Posted by Steezus View Post
    What are you drinking today? It is not banned. https://www.faa.gov/news/fact_sheets...m?newsId=20516

You can even get the required certification to legally fly big drones now.
    What are you smoking today, for hobbyists (not commercial operators) they are banned.

BTW that presser you referred to is back from June, try reading the latest information the FAA has posted, before you have another toke and remain stuck on stupid.

And I quote,

Must keep the aircraft in sight (visual line-of-sight)*
    Must fly under 400 feet*
    Must fly during the day*
    Must fly at or below 100 mph*
    Must yield right of way to manned aircraft*
    Must NOT fly over people*
    Must NOT fly from a moving vehicle*

*These rules are subject to waiver.

https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/

Wayne
    Last edited by Channel 1; 25th August 2016 at 03:48 PM.
    Everybody loves a bunny.

You make a lot of assumptions and crazy interpretations. It seems like you are getting off at the thought that FPV could possibly one day be banned. What exactly is it that you drink that makes you think you are so intelligent? And why haven't you tried to tell us how much money you make like you often do in your posts? I miss that part for laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by Steezus View Post
    You make a lot of assumptions and crazy interpretations.
    Find a mirror.

It seems like you are getting off at the thought that FPV could possibly one day be banned.
    Not really considering what I do as a side job, hell I just bought another PathfindIR for FPV.

What exactly is it that you drink that makes you think you are so intelligent?
    I'm in SW Florida and if you knew anything about this area you would know that would be sweet tea, sweetened with sugar harvested here locally, however, I do not need to drink anything to understand I am way more intelligent than you could ever hope to be.

And why haven't you tried to tell us how much money you make like you often do in your posts? I miss that part for laughs.
    Because my full time work no longer has anything to do with FPV.

Happy now or did the bowl on your bong just crack?

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

You can always determine when a person is running out of facts and losing the argument, because that is when they begin projecting and the first personal insult grenade get tossed and from the battle lines are set.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

I bought my first goggles two years ago. They were FS Attitude V2 with a FOV of 35 degrees. The skyzones only have a 30 degree fov. For me that is a total deal breaker.

The last few months I have been using the FS Dominator HD2. I have grown fond of them, but there are many things that could be better with them. Most importantly... If you move a muscle in your forehead the goggles will need to be readjusted on your face. Not sure how this could be solved though. As I understand this problem is related to the large FOV. It will be exciting to see what the future brings.

Navigator
    I recall back when CB radio's required a license. About 5% of users paid it. The rest took the risk. I never heard of anyone I knew getting caught, but then that was part of the fun.. not getting caught.

Alternatively, if you use First Person View or similar technology, you must have a visual observer always keep your aircraft within unaided sight (for example, no binoculars). However, even if you use a visual observer, you must still keep your unmanned aircraft close enough to be able to see it if something unexpected happens. Neither you nor a visual observer can be responsible for more than one unmanned aircraft operation at a time.
    https://www.faa.gov/news/fact_sheets...m?newsId=20516

So the racers should not be affected, long distance is.
    “Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness.”
    - Alejandro Jodorowsky

Last edited by doobie; 15th August 2016 at 10:26 PM. Reason: spelt titties wrong

I'd suggest to concentrate on the topic of goggles here and move the discussion about Part 107 to the dedicated thread(s) Channel 1 created in zealousness in the Legislation forum.

In any circumstance, FPV goggles will still be interesting, may it just be for a third spectator, so please keep on discussing and please keep it friendly...

Quote Originally Posted by CongoSavanne View Post
    Alternatively, if you use First Person View or similar technology, you must have a visual observer always keep your aircraft within unaided sight (for example, no binoculars). However, even if you use a visual observer, you must still keep your unmanned aircraft close enough to be able to see it if something unexpected happens. Neither you nor a visual observer can be responsible for more than one unmanned aircraft operation at a time.
    https://www.faa.gov/news/fact_sheets...m?newsId=20516

So the racers should not be affected, long distance is.
    That would only apply if the racer was licensed because under the hobby exemption (336) operations must be VLOS only.

(c) MODEL AIRCRAFT DEFINED.—In this section, the term ‘‘model
    aircraft’’ means an unmanned aircraft that is—

(1) capable of sustained flight in the atmosphere;

(2) flown within visual line of sight of the person operating
    the aircraft; and

(3) flown for hobby or recreational purposes.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

LMAO.... holy shit, this guy sums it up in the first minute of the video.
    Beautiful.
    “Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness.”
    - Alejandro Jodorowsky

Last edited by doobie; 15th August 2016 at 10:26 PM. Reason: spelt titties wrong

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast