Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fatshark Killer

And uh... if IRC bought FS that's a great thing, I've been happy with all my IRC stuff except the 433 module, so maybe they will make something better.

If they always owned FS, then shame.... shame.
    “Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness.”
    - Alejandro Jodorowsky

Last edited by doobie; 15th August 2016 at 10:26 PM. Reason: spelt titties wrong

Quote Originally Posted by CongoSavanne View Post
    The real issue is a lack of competition, and if I'm being fair the lack of a decent market.
    Which is why Anritsu can demand the prices they do for SiteMaster's.

Jesus CHannel1, it's a little early to be as drunk as you are.
    I don't drink and that comment is libelous so I would suggest you back off a-hole.

And by the way Channel 1 is not spelled CHannel1, so maybe it's time you put down what ever your are doing versus projecting your problems toward me.

Wayne
    Last edited by Channel 1; 20th August 2016 at 07:02 PM.
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by Channel 1 View Post
    Which is why Anritsu can demand the prices they do for Site-Master's.

I don't drink and that comment is libelous so I would suggest back off a-hole.

And by the way Channel 1 is not spelled CHannel1, so maybe it's time you put down what ever your are doing versus projecting your problems toward me.

Wayne
    Hey you started with the hostility, I see how you manipulate the flow of conversation and based off the regular misspellings you either in need of a break and a long walk or AA.
    Channel 1 is not spelled CHannel1
    <--petty

Jeez I just lost all respect for you, and over a pair of goggles LOL.
    - Alejandro Jodorowsky

Last edited by doobie; 15th August 2016 at 10:26 PM. Reason: spelt titties wrong

But I'll apologize if you were truly offended.
    - Alejandro Jodorowsky

I suggest we all calm down a little here... Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see an active discussion in this forum nowadays, but pls keep it civilized.

I find it interesting that you know so much about the process that you waited this long to bring it up.

My conversation with people that do this sort of thing (like my brother) gave me the understanding that it goes like this.
    Idea - rough prototype - find a source for parts and assembly - marketing.

The real issue is a lack of competition, and if I'm being fair the lack of a decent market.

And yes if someone can make the same thing (or better) for less than an American corp then guess who gets my money.

That's the reason I drive a Toyota and not a Ford, it's just better.

And now riddle me this Xaser...
    Did you notice what Channel1 said?
    Yes a Toyota is better than a Ford (in most cases, at least), but german cars are the best, and that's why I drive an Audi :P.

Yes, the lack of competition is very noticable in this hobby. But we need companies like FS, that are willing to put the money and know-how in to push this hobby further. If there was a real competitor that did his own research, came up with a considerable different approach and offered it for less, then I'd definitely would have to look more closely on what to buy. But I don't think it is fair to give money to people that rip people, that help improve the hobby, off. DIY, fine, but don't buy clones.

Just consider the Zeiss goggles, and now call FS expensive again.

About Wayne / Channel1... he certainly has a thing for bickering with people in the lab.. In my very very personal opinion: sometimes he knows what he's talking about, sometimes he just thinks he knows what he is talking about. This is why I have to constantly evaluate what he says... However I haven't bothered trying to keep up with him on this thread to be frank.

Ninja Edit on Toyota vs. Ford: Toyota has put considerable amounts of investment in their production optimization, R&D, etc. etc., they are actually considered to be one of the most innovative companies in history. However this does not apply to most asia based companies in this hobby.
    Last edited by Xaser; 20th August 2016 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaser View Post
    I suggest we all calm down a little here... Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see an active discussion in this forum nowadays, but pls keep it civilized.

Yes a Toyota is better than a Ford (in most cases, at least), but german cars are the best, and that's why I drive an Audi :P.

Yes, the lack of competition is very noticable in this hobby. But we need companies like FS, that are willing to put the money and know-how in to push this hobby further. If there was a real competitor that did his own research, came up with a considerable different approach and offered it for less, then I'd definitely would have to look more closely on what to buy. But I don't think it is fair to give money to people that rip people, that help improve the hobby, off. DIY, fine, but don't buy clones.

Just consider the Zeiss goggles, and now call FS expensive again.

About Wayne / Channel1... he certainly has a thing for bickering with people in the lab.. In my very very personal opinion: sometimes he knows what he's talking about, sometimes he just thinks he knows what he is talking about. This is why I have to constantly evaluate what he says... However I haven't bothered trying to keep up with him on this thread to be frank.

Ninja Edit on Toyota vs. Ford: Toyota has put considerable amounts of investment in their production optimization, R&D, etc. etc., they are actually considered to be one of the most innovative companies in history. However this does not apply to most asia based companies in this hobby.
    I've always found Channel1 well informed, and I can't afford German.

Also while I agree with what you said about Toyota there is also an entirely different vibe or philosophy with the Japanese than the Americans.

Most of us will never be leaders or innovators of any worth, so the best option is to serve something that you believe in.
    Just my opinion on that though.

One other thing I found the Zeiss price to be a rip off too,seems to banking on the Zeiss name.
    All of these devices use micro LCD (or OLED) a driver and some form of optics.
    With all the different manufacturing techniques and home brew gear I honestly think someone (opensource community) could turn up the Frsky Taranis of goggles if you get my meaning.
    Last edited by CongoSavanne; 20th August 2016 at 07:38 PM.
    - Alejandro Jodorowsky

I see how you manipulate the flow of conversation and based off the regular misspellings you either in need of a break and a long walk or AA.
    Again you have libeled me, my misspellings are because I don't under the English language and grammar that that modifies it all that well, I may look back on a post and think to myself "oops that's not right" and correct my errors, so if you wish to be a grammar cop, go for it, I don't give a rats fanny about that.

Bottom line is, you post crap complete with useless links, complaining about things you seem to know nothing about, but expect to buy at Dollar Store prices.

It doesn't work that way in the real world.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

yeah well i guess affording german is much easier, when you live in germany :P... and buy second hand (which is completely common over here, don't know how you guys over there feel about buying second hand cars, unless they're vintage or your first car).

I tend to try to buy the best quality for the less $ cash if I can. but for me the most important is the support behind the product. no sense in buying anything that you cant get fixed or parts for or even worse, the company that always blames someone elses component inside theirs and therefore cant warranty it .
    flyin HIGH

Quote Originally Posted by Xaser View Post
    don't know how you guys over there feel about buying second hand cars, unless they're vintage or your first car).
    Second hand cars over here, unless bought from a private party are a rip-off, second hand dealers know they are dealing with consumers with less then stellar credit ratings, so they require a down payment close to or above the cost of the vehicle that they bought at auction.

Then they either offer "on the lot" payments, or ride the buyer into a personal loan at very high interest rates, sometimes as high as 110% per year, which the dealer and the loan company split the payments as made.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast