Thread: rx glitches in Vector

rx glitches in Vector

I have sent a ticket to ET, but this is a copy of the message in case someone in the community might be able to help.

During the pre-flight check on my last flight I had a brown out warning and reconnected the battery. This made the warning go away.
    ​On my flight I had a mid-air GPS fix loss for no apparent reason. The issue rectified itself after about 30 seconds, in the log you can see sat count drop and HDOP jump up. Flight footage shows a lot of jumping between 0 and 8 sats (for a split second at a time) although the data does not show this.

Towards the end of the flight I had "RTH engaged- too many glitches" on screen and lost all motor power. I managed to maintain some servo control to land but data shows RSSI dropping away at this point.

​The Vector is set up in a Mini Talon with no previous related issues. No hard crashes or knocks previous flight or this one and no component change or change in setup. I am running an EzUHF receiver using SPPM and powered off the ESC's bec.

I'm testing battery connections/plugs etc as we speak.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Radius; 4th August 2016 at 08:51 PM.

Navigator
    Hello,

Please see the below response that was provided in your support ticket;

-------------------------------------------
    At the time of the missing pulses and RTH, the Vector is reporting the following;

- Throttle was commanded to 90%
    - Pack current went up and pack voltage dropped.
    - Receiver voltage dropped from 5v to 4.5v.
    - RSSI dropped, and missing pulses activates RTH.

Nothing indicates an issue with the Vector in this case. We recommend you troubleshoot your BEC.

As far as the GPS issue, please provide pictures showing the location of the GPS on your airframe.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Regards, John

Thanks John.

This will make me the fool indeed, but I have the GPS mounted directly to the Vector unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Radius View Post
    I have sent a ticket to ET, but this is a copy of the message in case someone in the community might be able to help.

During the pre-flight check on my last flight I had a brown out warning and reconnected the battery. This made the warning go away.
    ​On my flight I had a mid-air GPS fix loss for no apparent reason. The issue rectified itself after about 30 seconds, in the log you can see sat count drop and HDOP jump up. Flight footage shows a lot of jumping between 0 and 8 sats (for a split second at a time) although the data does not show this.

Towards the end of the flight I had "RTH engaged- too many glitches" on screen and lost all motor power. I managed to maintain some servo control to land but data shows RSSI dropping away at this point.

​The Vector is set up in a Mini Talon with no previous related issues. No hard crashes or knocks previous flight or this one and no component change or change in setup. I am running an EzUHF receiver using SPPM and powered off the ESC's bec.

I'm testing battery connections/plugs etc as we speak.
    Cheers
    I had exactly the same problem today.
    To many rx glitches, returning to home, motor cut but I retained servo control.

Previously is had two trouble free flights