Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HD2 - Dead on arrival?

Navigator

HD2 - Dead on arrival?

Hi,

I just got my HD2s yesterday.

I only get black screens, no matter what I try. I went through all the tips I could find, using an external hdmi source, trying the switch on the bottom etcs... I don't even get beeps (with or without headphones) when pressing buttons (channel, volume, etcs). I checked on charged the battery, did all solutions with and without the balance plug plugged in. It seems it doesn't get power from the battery. The fan is spinning if I enter the balance plug though.

Is there a trick I am missing?

Best
    Dennis

Fatshark AU/NZ Repairs hpcoolahan's Avatar
    Hi Dennis
    Should really contact your retailer for an immediate swap under warranty on this .
    DOA are fairly rare , but the retailer should exchange for you right away.
    Australia post: "delivering packages the day after you need them since 1809"

"Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

Navigator
    Hi hpcoolahan,

thanks for your response.

I sent the goggles back to the retailer, unfortunately, the retailer told me today that he sent them from Germany (where I bought them) to the Fatshark repair facility (I think in the UK). He cannot even tell me how long I have to wait.
    After spending that much money for the HD2s I am pretty disappointed, to be honest. :/

Best
    Dennis
    Last edited by dennis_; 5th August 2016 at 06:44 AM.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis_ View Post
    Hi hpcoolahan,

thanks for your response.

I sent the goggles back to the retailer, unfortunately, the retailer told me today that he sent them from Germany (where I bought them) to the Fatshark repair facility (I think in the UK). He cannot even tell me how long I have to wait.
    After spending that much money for the HD2s I am pretty disappointed, to be honest. :/

Best
    Dennis

I just saw this and had to say that is a deplorable situation. I hope Fatshark can step-up on this somehow, that "solution" your retailer offered is completely inappropriate.

Hope you get fixed-up soon, the HD2's are very nice goggles.
    Last edited by Mark Mywards; 5th August 2016 at 10:23 AM.

Navigator
    Similar thing happened to me when I bought something from Germany. (I live in the UK)

I bought a Yuneec Typhoon G quadcopter from the cheapest place I could find it... a web-retailer in germany. (reichelt.com)

The GoPro gimbal was knackered so I sent it back asking for a refund/replacement.

They didn't tell me they'd received it (I was keeping check on the tracking no.) so when I emailled them asking what was happening they said they'd sent it to the manufacturer for inspection/repair and that I'd have to wait.

Not only did they have my 400 but now I didn't even have my quad.

took nearly 2 weeks for me to get anything back, and by then I was not in the mood for messing around with a quadcopter again.... so I got a refund and used the money to build my new xUAV Talon

Pretty much every UK retailer I've had similar situations with have given me a replacement immediately, taken on the burden of the faulty item and dealt with the manufacturer to get reimbursement for the faulty item.

Navigator
    Funny thing is that I placed several orders from this retailer (fpv24.com) in the last 3 months. I thought it is one of the more professional RC retailers with a good Customer Care policy.

I think it's back to Amazon in the future then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Mywards View Post
    I just saw this and had to say that is a deplorable situation. I hope Fatshark can step-up on this somehow, that "solution" your retailer offered is completely inappropriate.

Hope you get fixed-up soon, the HD2's are very nice goggles.
    The retailer has to take responsibility for all immediate sales, this is policy and just how it is.
    The reason they were sent to the repairs centre instead of an immediate swap over would be because they had none left in stock to do so.
    This should be the quickest way to get this sorted for the customer.

Not sure why you felt the need to add to this really , we are trying to get the quickest resolution .

"Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

Navigator
    Yeah, not much fatshark can do about it right now.

This is the list of our approved resellers, at least with these you know you will get better service .
    http://www.fatshark.com/where-to-buy/

At least if it's on its way to a repairs centre , it will get back to you fairly quick.

" At least if it's on its way to a repairs centre , it will get back to you fairly quick "

ROTFLMFAO
    flyin HIGH