Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: venom fly batteries

Navigator
    4 cell multi star 5200s and 6000mah lips fit in the disco perfectly.. With naza v2 and the e310 Dji propulsion system running cf 9450s I'm getting 20 min off the 5200s and 23min off the 6000s... I also wedge a 4 cell 45c and 60c 5000mah nanotech lips in there and get about 18 minutes.. I'm guessing the weight of the nanotechs mean a couple less minutes, lol... That's a disco with a sky zone 2000mw 5.8ghz vtx, go pro, Dji iosd which I run with the the tbs osd built onto the discos frame. Crossfire is my rx.. I have no issues getting 6km out and flying back.. All I use for a vrx is my 8in lumineir monitor with diversity receivers with cp antenna on rx and the immersionrc 13db patch on the other with a flexible cable so I can aim it without moving the entire monitor around... 6km is the farthest I can go though due to battery capacity.. I still have solid rc and video link when I turn around...

My f450 with vector, e310 propulsion system, immersionrc 2.4ghz vtx, crossfire rx is my long range copter. I use the eagle eyes antenna tracker on a tripod with 2 immersionrc uno2400s unfiltered. 1 with ibcrazy mad mushroom and the other connected to the 13db immersionrc 2.4ghz patch antenna and use a 25mw 5.8ghz vtx to relay the video and sounds from vector wirelessly to my monitor.. With the 4 cell 10,000mah multi star lipos on a calm day I can get a 40 to 45 minute flight time! That's take off to landed btw, and have no issues getting 10km out with that.. While staying at 400ft off the ground.. Funny thing though if I use a 20c luminier 12,000mah 4 cell or my tattu 25c 10,000 mah 4 cell lipo, I, lucky to get a 25 minute flight time... So the weight of those multi star lipos are definitely helping with the flight times..lol..

If you want a dependable battery that gives you really good flight times, then buy multi star batteries.. On copters your not racing they are excellent fpv batteries... The 4 cell 5200s I like running in my disco are cheap as hell too..I paid like $20 for each one!

If if anyone has gotten a flight time longer than 45 min off a quad copter, please share your setup... I would love to build a copter with a 1hr flight time, lol.. But I can't get there.. I've tried the multistar 4 cell 16,000mah lipo on my f450 and it's too much weight, the amp draw is double if not a tad more than double than when I run a multistar 10,000mah battery so I pretty much getting the same amount of fly time...

wow I may have to look at multistar batteries
    flyin HIGH

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by doobie View Post
    wow I may have to look at multistar batteries
    I'd recommend you pass them by altogether unless all you do is hover. All three of my 6000mAh packs (one had to be returned due to a dead cell, replaced with another) came out of balance and never balanced. All 3. Came down very warm just hovering my 550 quad.

Have no idea why people buy these things. They are junk in my opinion, and not cheap junk.

Here's but one other testimonial:

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....star-batteries
    Last edited by Mark Mywards; 25th July 2016 at 08:37 PM.

ya all ive ever heard about them really is they are junk but yet a lot of people use them and say they like em. hard to trust the opinions of people you have no idea about them on the net. I once was tryin to figure out trimming my first naza out with my radio and settin the failsafe and was really struggling with it due to listening to who I thought was someone experienced,,,,,,,,, it ended up being a 11yr old boy from Holland tellin me what to do. LMFAO if my arms were 7000 miles long I would've strangled the bastard!!!! ever had experience with these batteries? http://www.maxamps.com/proddetail.ph...-5450-148-Pack man ordering 2 of these shipped to Canada is gonna cost me $600 cad shipped. tryin to find someone to ship lipo to Canada is getting pretty difficult now.
    flyin HIGH

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by doobie View Post
    ya all ive ever heard about them really is they are junk but yet a lot of people use them and say they like em. hard to trust the opinions of people you have no idea about them on the net. I once was tryin to figure out trimming my first naza out with my radio and settin the failsafe and was really struggling with it due to listening to who I thought was someone experienced,,,,,,,,, it ended up being a 11yr old boy from Holland tellin me what to do. LMFAO if my arms were 7000 miles long I would've strangled the bastard!!!! ever had experience with these batteries? http://www.maxamps.com/proddetail.ph...-5450-148-Pack man ordering 2 of these shipped to Canada is gonna cost me $600 cad shipped. tryin to find someone to ship lipo to Canada is getting pretty difficult now.

Hi doobie,

That's insane, I'll give-up the hobby before I pay that much for a battery. 120C discharge? Who needs that from a 5000mAh 4S battery?

HobbyKing U.S. West (and East I can only imagine), SBA and RMRC will ground ship LiPos to Canada.

GetFPV has no idea if and/or when they will be able to ship internationally at all for some reason. Too bad because I love Lumenier packs and want to buy them, great product.

I'd buy a vanilla Turnigy 20C 4S pack long before I'd consider any MultiStar battery again. Have had very good luck with numerous flavors of Turnigy batteries, vanilla and Nano-Tech. I use the Turnigy 5000mAh 4S 20C packs on my 550 camera quad and they are lovely, come down barely warm from actual flying, not just hovering. Every Turnigy battery I've ever bought balanced beautifully if it didn't come to me that way.

The Jet Fuel packs from SBA look interesting also.

If you send your Disco up with a MultiStar battery doobie and do anything but try to milk a long flight time out of it, you are flirting with disaster. IMHO.

I'd offer to send you the two I have left if you pay postage but you don't want these things.
    Last edited by Mark Mywards; 28th July 2016 at 09:07 PM.

LMAO ya I bought 1 luminier 5200 from getfpv on advice from ZACKATTAK and friggin luved it. only to go to order another 1 few weeks later to find they don't ship out here anymore eh. so far these venoms are fairly respectable batteries. getting 13mins on gentle breezy days 13.5 to 14 on calm skies. I do find a wee bit of voltage sag though. normally with my luminier 5200mah or my kypom 5100mah I land at 14.4v and when stopped the volts sit at 14.8 or 9. these I land at 14.1 or 2 and relaxed they sit at 14.8. though not any warmer than the others on landing. about 10 or 12 flites on the one and the other 2 about 6 flites. takin roughly 4000mah each time they balance charge nice and seem to be holdin up not too bad so far. thanx for the offer of the batteries dude, but by the sounds of it I would be goin for a 4km walk to retrieve a downed disco LMFAO. liftrc out in BC sell luminier batteries, but do not carry the 5200mah. we talked and he would possibly order some in but would have to buy like 10 or more for him to special order them in. I think they are the best battery for the price that you can find really. too bad
    Last edited by doobie; 25th July 2016 at 09:38 PM. Reason: cause i felt like it
    flyin HIGH

I just pulled the trigger on 8 packs 3s 2300 mAH LiHVs from the Venom website. Couldn't find reviews for this new technology anywhere but what the heck, @$12 a pack (formerly $40+) I thought it might be worth the shot. Anyone tried those yet?