Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: venom fly batteries

Forum Member

Question venom fly batteries

anyone try these batt yet?
    hey has anyone tried these venom fly batteries yet? http://www.venompower.com/collection...uni-2-0-plug-1 I bought 2 today for my disco. man are these things light!!!! only 450grams and they fit with tons of room to spare!! only had a chance to fly 1 pack today and it performed very well. 13 mins fly time. did 3km and back quite easily and was sittin at 3.77 volts per cell relaxed. seem like a decent battery, has anyone used these before?? I've never seen these around till today
    flyin HIGH

Forum Member
    I sincerely hope they are improved over their older series of batteries

I used to race 1/8th scale monster trucks and buggies and I bought 4 sets (8 X 2s 5000mah , 2 xrun in series to make 4s ) of their hard case packs only to have 1 set catch fire whilst being run in a vehicle total loss of everything and the other 3 sets all puffed between 20 to 30 cycles

I run a quality thunder power dual charger and all packs were stored at storage charge and always balance charged when being used
    My esc cut offs were always set at 3.8 volts per cell (castle mamba monster)

So I will never buy these Venom batteries again

Hope you have a better experience
    [B]4 wheels moving body 2 wheels moving soul
    [/B]

Forum Member
    I guess I'll just paste here what I posted in your other thread on the very same topic :P

hmmm 10.87 mAh per gram. That's multistar battery territory, but at an impressive C rating. Price though...

EDIT: Actually just rechecked my Battery Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Actually, I was wrong.. Multistar still have a much better Capacity per Weight Ratio, there are some Zippys, Turnigys and Rhinos that come close to the venom.

the ZIPPY Flightmax 5000mAh 4S1P 20C, for example, about 1/4 the price of the venom and same capacity and weight. Similar Volume as well but 10C less.

Forum Member
    LOL I wish the weather was a little nicer up here so I could burn a few packs and test a couple
    flyin HIGH

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doobie View Post
    .. I bought 2 today for my disco. man are these things light!!!! only 450grams and they fit with tons of room to spare!!
    They get heavier when you charge 'm, I guess they must've been near empty when you bought 'm?
    Velvety smooth drone pilot for hire

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssassen View Post
    They get heavier when you charge 'm, I guess they must've been near empty when you bought 'm?
    What like E=mc˛ heavier, so like 1 nanogram :P? cmon.

Forum Member
    well ya know he might be onto something eh, LMAO I just grabbed 1 now and checked and yup it's 457.7 grams fully charged!!! HA HA HA too funny I've marked 1 of them right from start and gonna beat it up each flight draining it see what happens. flew couple times again today so far, don't seem too bad so far. the little bit less weight in the disco trunk is nicer flyin
    flyin HIGH

Forum Member
    if it weighs 7 grams less after the flight, I'd discard it, because its leaking will probably burst in flames any second lol.

Forum Member
    ^^ LOL ya man too funny. ill keep burning the 1 right down and beat er good each time see what happens. help to decide if I buy another one. maybe see how the warranty dept works!! please don't tell me venom and immersion are the same ownership?? ROTFLMFAO warranty ends when the parcel delivery guy leaves the laneway?? LOL
    flyin HIGH

Forum Member
    LOL sorry sassen....... I just poking a bit of fun at ya
    Last edited by doobie; 16th July 2016 at 04:43 PM. Reason: just fur the hell of it
    flyin HIGH