Thread: Naze32 rev 6 issues solved yet?

Forum Member

Naze32 rev 6 issues solved yet?

I started my first build with a naze32 rev5 and it worked but after several months of racing and acro practice and all the crashing involved, I had to replace it and ordered the exact same link from amazon only to get the rev 6. By the time I got around to installing it, the forums were full of reports of problems with a diode, some firmware issues and most with no solutions other than replacing them with another board. I finally got mine to at least work well enough to fly but no aux channels or telemetry outputs. Last I heard there was a rev 6d that was suppose to work as advertised. Anyone bought a naze32 in the last couple of months and did you have any problems?

Forum Member
    My rev6 acro works fine including baro alt. I bought a cheaper rev6 10dof with baro and mag. I never got clean flight to recognize the baro and and mag compass is wicked jittery so I turned it off. But this is in a 130 mini race rand I would never use those features. So it was cheap and meets my needs. I have never tried to use aux.
    Last edited by learn2turn; 7th July 2016 at 08:46 AM.
    Ken K. (learn2turn)
    AMA 221562
    KB1YMZ

Forum Member
    On the diode thing. The only issue was that powering the FC could cause the ESCs to get 5V applied and that was enough to turn them on, even though they could never spin up a motor without a flight battery. And as a result, you would not be able to calibrate your ESCs, if you really think you need to do so. So with the original rev6, you had to be able to disconnect your FC from your PBD if you wanted to calibrate your ESCs; easy if you used a plug, hard if you wanted to solder direct. But the rec 6a supposedly fixed that.

But in general, the rev6 has been fine for my purposes. But again, I never tried to use pass through of the aux channels.

And keep in mind there are four versions of the rev 6--

6dof
    10dof
    acro
    full
    Ken K. (learn2turn)
    AMA 221562
    KB1YMZ