Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drones and Presidential candidates

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotKeeg View Post
    Voting for Gary is as effective as staying home. You can already see the media hyping him up though to take supporters from Trump. Vote for Trump because theres at least a possibility he will restore freedoms. Hillary will absolutely stay on course to totalitarianism.
    I'm already sold on the meteor.

P.S. But I agree, Trump might be the next best option.
    Last edited by allibyx; 30th June 2016 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Clarification

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaser View Post
    So in general you are right, but the right wing guys tend to go hard against anything that might be a potential threat and is not backed by a giant lobby like the gun industry.
    It is apparent you understand little about those to trend right in the U.S. and nothing about the NRA, but you have been well programmed by media.

Those on the right tend to want less not more government intrusion into our lives, and we tend to trust our law abiding neighbors, if they chose to own firearms.

The NRA is not a gun lobby, the NSSF and SAAMI are the primary gun lobbies in the U.S., however media ignores that fact in their mission to smear the NRA and by and large people are too lazy to fact check and just run with what media tells them, so the common belief is "the NRA is a gun lobby."

NRA/ILA is however a lobby for gun owners and is funded by gun owners to protect our right to bear and self defend from government intrusion at all levels and to fight against the dilution or repeal of the Second Amendment.

Just drop the idea that drones may be used to deliver bombs and so on and Trump will promise to "SHUT THEM DOWN COMPLETELY! WHAT IS GOING ON?!"...
    I believe that statement is incorrect as Trump is pro-business and the business of designing and building drones for private use can be, if unleashed a major industry that will produce good paying jobs, that is in of itself reason enough for him to support it.

Hillary on the other hand is pro-lobby and has clearly demonstrated the ability to be bought if the price is right and she would carry that ability to the White House where companies like Google and Amazon will encourage her to sell the sky's to whomever pays her or Bill the most, and that payoff will not include hobby drone operators.

Only bernie would have been a real gift for the hobby since his political standpoint basically dictates him to be pro-fpv freedom.
    Bernie is an angry ultra wealthy whack job who's only claim to fame was promising to give people stuff in return for their vote, don't believe me, then just check out who he surrounded himself while on the campaign trail and notice how violent those same people get when Trump threatens to cut off that flow of unearned freebies.

Wayne
    Last edited by Channel 1; 30th June 2016 at 07:20 AM.
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Channel 1 View Post
    you have been well programmed by media.
    I'm still occasionally surprised at the implications of this when I think about it.
    How much of what I believe the way the World works is true? After decades of TV, movies and bad books it's hard to say.

As for Trump it's easy to sell drones to someone like him, Drones = jobs, jobs make people happy, happy people think Trump is great, and Trump likes that.

Give him a gold plated drone and we're in.

Any way, I still have the suspicion the Trump is a scam.
    Last edited by CongoSavanne; 30th June 2016 at 09:21 AM.
    [I]“Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness.”
    [I]- [/I]Alejandro Jodorowsky

[/I]Last edited by doobie; 15th August 2016 at 10:26 PM. Reason: spelt titties wrong

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CongoSavanne View Post
    I'm still occasionally surprised at the implications of this when I think about it.
    How much of what I believe the way the World works is true? After decades of TV, movies and bad books it's hard to say.
    That's why I don't watch TV and get my news in part directly from news feeds pre-edit.

Here's an example of why I do that.

In the first clip Tahman Bradley is rehearsing his lines for a live shot, note at the end he turns and comments "and there is no sign of the National Guard."

Now in the second clip he is live and note the way he words the status of the National Guard, which the at the time talking heads back at Network where claiming where already on the street and had begun to restore order.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Channel 1 View Post
    It is apparent you understand little about those to trend right in the U.S. and nothing about the NRA, but you have been well programmed by media.
    Those on the right tend to want less not more government intrusion into our lives, and we tend to trust our law abiding neighbors, if they chose to own firearms.
    ...self defend from government intrusion at all levels and to fight against the dilution or repeal of the Second Amendment.

I believe that statement is incorrect as Trump is pro-business and the business of designing and building drones for private use can be, if unleashed a major industry that will produce good paying jobs, that is in of itself reason enough for him to support it.

Hillary on the other hand is pro-lobby and has clearly demonstrated the ability to be bought if the price is right and she would carry that ability to the White House where companies like Google and Amazon will encourage her to sell the sky's to whomever pays her or Bill the most, and that payoff will not include hobby drone operators.

Bernie is an angry ultra wealthy whack job who's only claim to fame was promising to give people stuff in return for their vote, don't believe me, then just check out who he surrounded himself while on the campaign trail and notice how violent those same people get when Trump threatens to cut off that flow of unearned freebies.
    Wayne, I never mentioned the NRA by name. All I'm saying is that there is a lot of money to be made in the arms section annually and naturally there are forces that oppose calls for more regulation. I'm german and I know that our strong car industry is probably the biggest factor why we still don't have a general speed limit on our Autobahnen.

I know that many u.s. citizens pride themselves in the second amendment. But just because it has been a law / right since the beginning of your country doesn't mean that it is a good rule. Nor do I think that no speedlimits on highways are a good thing even though I enjoy driving 140mph just as much as the next guy.

I guess the point that I want to make is, that we don't know if a country would be better off with changed rules or worse. It's speculation.

I don't disagree with you on Hillary, however I think that there's plenty evidence that republicans are just as vulnerable to lobby work as Hillary may be. Bernie may be a "whack job", but if he protects the hobby (and this is what we are discussing here).. why not.

On the note of being "programmed by media".. I personally pride myself in having been raised and educated to be skeptical and read news from U.S. (by far the most polarizing), U.K., German and Swiss Media as well as dozens of independent sites on the net.

When it comes to Trump though.. there is no way I can see him doing a good job as a president. He may have smart ways to gain support from the citizens but reading and hearing what this guy bloats out.. stuff that soaks with stupidity.. I sometimes just think this guy is a dumb doll for someone else.

Forum Member
    When it comes to Trump though.. there is no way I can see him doing a good job as a president. He may have smart ways to gain support from the citizens but reading and hearing what this guy bloats out.. stuff that soaks with stupidity.. I sometimes just think this guy is a dumb doll for someone else.
    Just curious, what things he has said do you think soak with stupidity?
    Last edited by PilotKeeg; 30th June 2016 at 06:26 PM.

Forum Member
    From an outsiders point of view, DT looks like a xenophobic nutter and frankly I think he would be a poor choice as president as I think he would struggle to come good on his policies (Mexico ain't paying for that wall, no matter what he says) and his foreign policy approach would be a disaster.
    However he does have a refreshing outlook in some respects. For example, he's quoted as saying investment in mental may help to curb mass shootings. I think he may have a point here, and despite wanting to repeal obamacare he does believe everyone should have access to healthcare.
    The problem is he says what his supporters want to hear a lot of time and as a basis for policy that doesn't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    What has he said that is xenophobic.

Forum Member
    When it comes to Trump though.. there is no way I can see him doing a good job as a president. He may have smart ways to gain support from the citizens but reading and hearing what this guy bloats out.. stuff that soaks with stupidity..
    And in doing so he generates a media firestorm, which provides him with millions of dollars of free media coverage and name recognition, which didn't cost him a dime, the guy knows how to surround himself with guidance who understands how to play our media like a puppet.

I sometimes just think this guy is a dumb doll for someone else.
    Research this guys background and you will discover, unlike most politicians, who are cute faces guided from below, Trump owns the top, so it's kind of hard to buy favors from him up front.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotKeeg View Post
    Just curious, what things he has said do you think soak with stupidity?
    For example when he insisted to shut down air traffic to EBOLA "infested" countries. Yep that's good for business.. Also they didn't and America is AFAIK still not infected with EBOLA. Or this one: https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...248385?lang=en. I'm sorry? Or when he said something like "The Scots are finally taking their country back! when in fact Scotland was pro-EU". Even if that's all media propaganda. If this guy is actually elected president and has intentions to keep his promises like "Mexico will pay for a wall" and "no more Muslim immigration"... It gives me the shivers.

I'm willing to take almost every bet that america would be worse off after trumps time as president.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast