www.immersionrc.com

Thread: Different Pro Tunes won't load. Vortex 250 just beeps and stays on default tune.

Forum Member

Different Pro Tunes won't load. Vortex 250 just beeps and stays on default tune.

When I go to the pro-tuning screen on my new Vortex 250 I can scroll through them but when I try to load one like the UmmaGawd tune recommended in the manual) with the Load Preset function the quad just beeps but the tune does not load. Whe I cycle the power it always goes back to the BewweB 01 preset. This is a Hrizon Hobbies sourced Vortex 250 Pro if that matters. I think I am giving the correct stick input, aileron stick right on my Mode 2 Tx. Any other stick input takes me away from the load prompt. Thanks

Forum Member
    Pls update osd to 10.0.028, fc to betaflight 2.8.1 and rerun the tx wizzard. Then load umagawd and check your fc pids. There it should change. In the osd you will see protune one again after reboot. But it is the pids that should stick.

Forum Member
    Ok, thanks, weird that the name doesn't change.

Forum Member
    I flashed the OSD to 1.0.0.028 and all is well. I now understand. I loaded the three presets and I can select them and see the PID's changing, time to fly it! Thanks.
    For the FC I can't find the Betaflight 2.8.1 on the Cleanflight configuration list "choose a firmware/board or on the immersion RC website. Where do you get that? My version of FC is currently 2.1.6 BTFL.
    Last edited by husafreak; 25th June 2016 at 03:24 PM.

Forum Member
    I posted it as a simple question and got my answer. Thanks FC 2.8.1 BTFL loaded AOK.

Forum Member
    Flew great today with the OSD and FC updates! Ummagawd Pro Tune nice and crisp. Air Mode is the bomb. Didn't get inverted much but knife edge falls, slower rolls and flips, steep descents and carving turns felt more positive. A better control feel.

Forum Member
    Yes the vortex is an awesome machine.

Forum Member
    So you are actually recommending BF 2.8.1 for the Vortex 10.0.0.028 already? I always find it hard to decide whether it is safe to move up to the next Betaflight release. And the Vortex Firmeware still comes with Betaflight 2.5.3!!
    It would be great if you could do releases more often, or at least post a hint on the Website once a Major BF Release has been tested without any issues (that is not breaking the OSD).

Forum Member
    2.8.1 is working great for me definitely a recommendation