Thread: DJI Mini IOSD altitude if off....

Navigator

DJI Mini IOSD altitude if off....

I recently built two quads with the mini IOSD from DJI and noticed two separate things, the altitude was way off on both of them, Example, if the quad was at 3 feet in the air, it read, like 13 meters. I don't know if this is normal or do I have to download something, which I did actually. I connected to assistant to move in the numbers inboard to read better, that's it. It doesn't let me do anything else to it. If you guys have any suggestions to calibrate this correctly I would appreciate immensely. Thanks again..... Running Naza v2 with it

calibrate the compass and run it.keep running it . the gps will self calibrate altitude over time. worked with all 3 of my naza's so far
    flyin HIGH

Navigator
    really, I never heard of this before, I have calibrated before many times, but, we'll see I guess, hopefully it works then, kinda annoying......

that's what dji support suggested to me a couple years ago when I had this issue. calibrate compass. unplug batt, plug back in. stores calibration. fly few times taking off from same spot. seem to work eh. I find when I fly back to home location, stop and hover and peel the goggles off. my quads are 95% of the time within 3m of what the osd say's in height and distance away from me. weird eh
    flyin HIGH

Navigator
    weird is right, do I have to do this all the time, because screw it then, too much just for this........

I don't think so. I live on a farm and I fly everyday so I hardly ever calibrate my compass. on any of them. always when I change locations. but most my flyin is at home here so I don't usually need to
    flyin HIGH