ReadyMadeRC!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nano Skyhunter

Mine arrived... I am using Welder's Contact cement.

Here is a quick laundry list of "misses" so far.
    1. There is no manual!!!
    2. The "nubs" on the bottom of the wing for alignment to the boom pods are pretty much worthless. It is more of a apply glue and pray assembly method.
    3. Where is the CG?
    4. Website says 2300kV motor, motor it self says 2200kV (Not a big deal, just a documentation miss someplace).
    5. The ESC says that it is 20A 3s only, I would like to fly this with my multirotor batteries which are all 4s. According to this thread on RCG this ESC can handle 4s (though all these guys seem to be quad pilots and have the ESC well cooled).

There is some limited information on the website:

Notes

1. Due to the nature of molded EPP, regular CA (super glue) does not adhere well unless the shiny surface is scored. For assembly, we recommend hot glue, Foam Tac, or Welders glue.
    2. Even though most of the electronics are installed, some assembly is required. This is an easy model to assemble; however, basic modeling skills are needed.
    3. Required assembly includes:
      • Gluing tail booms to horizontal stabilizer
      • Gluing assembled tail section to main wings
      • Propeller installation and checking for proper motor direction
      • Installing RC receiver and connecting servo leads

I ordered the one with the camera and VTx, though after looking at it I think I am just going to scrap the cam/VTx for another project... this deserves something a little nicer. One botched landing and the VTx will be ripped apart from the antenna.

To help protect the bottom I have added a single layer of CA/Kevlar (See Daemon's posts about this technique on RCG).

All glue should be set and ready for fist flight tomorrow.

Edit: Found the CG... well I assume that I did, gotta read in the "Features" of the website: I can only assume that these are the bumps just behind the elevator servo channel.

Features:

• Molded, Black EPP foam
    • Super compact size for zipping through small places
    • Easy to find CG with finger bumps under wings
    • 2 Piece canopy for FPV gear with strong magnets
    • Simple, one handed launches - "Like throwing a small football"
    • Utilizes most 250 size multirotor style motors (2204)
    Last edited by Derrick; 15th August 2016 at 02:10 PM.
    When nothing else out there will suit your needs... design and build it yourself.

Navigator
    I'm excited to see some get in the air! I'm not sure what FPV gear I'm gonna be putting in yet, but I want to see how other people like it in the air

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Derrick View Post

3. Where is the CG?

Edit: Found the CG... well I assume that I did, gotta read in the "Features" of the website: I can only assume that these are the bumps just behind the elevator servo channel.

• Easy to find CG with finger bumps under wings
    Posted by RMRC in another thread:

"CG is set on the bumps under the wings at about 37mm."
    Zac
    CFL FPV

Good write up, Derrick. Can't wait to get mine in the air. I am going to use a good cam and try one of those little Cricket VTX's.

Quote Originally Posted by edin508 View Post
    Good write up, Derrick. Can't wait to get mine in the air. I am going to use a good cam and try one of those little Cricket VTX's.
    Mine flies well, had to glue the elevator ripped off on landing of the maiden and stripped the elevator servo (this tends to be my MO though, if it can happen to me it will)... I replaced it with an Emaxx ES08MAII already. I am running a Foxeer (HS1177) and a Cricket Pro on mine, the added tail weight from the servo was good in my case.
    When nothing else out there will suit your needs... design and build it yourself.

Navigator
    Just got mine! Looks like there's space in the vert stabilizer to stick my RX. Or possibly in the horizontal stab

Interested to see if mounting a möbius to this is feasible. Anyone planning on that? I too picked up the fpv Pnp one and plan not to use the included vtx/cam as I'm going to put that on my tiny whoop.

Please post pics when you can. I really like seeing how others fit theirs out. Mine should arrive Monday/Tuesday.

Derrick as always appreciate your well thought out guidance and experience not these. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigator
    Mine has a Naze32 for stabilization, uhf, and 1.3 video. Stock motor, but chucked the included esc as it's heavy. Replaced it with a Aikon 30a I had laying around.Using a runcam2 without battery for both flight and hd camera. I get around 12 minutes of mixed flying on a 1000mah 3s pack. 400g auw. Lighter and more efficient than my Micro Wraith, but the Wraith flies better IMO.

I run my CG at 45mm with less elevator throws. Manual is coming soon from RMRC.

Check the RCG threads for more info, or message me if you have any questions.

It's a fun little plane and 25mW is plenty with directional antennas.

Quote Originally Posted by scotth72 View Post
    Mine has a Naze32 for stabilization, uhf, and 1.3 video. Stock motor, but chucked the included esc as it's heavy. Replaced it with a Aikon 30a I had laying around.Using a runcam2 without battery for both flight and hd camera. I get around 12 minutes of mixed flying on a 1000mah 3s pack. 400g auw. Lighter and more efficient than my Micro Wraith, but the Wraith flies better IMO.
    Your nano would fly better at a lower weight. Losing 40g from the HD cam would do it.
    Good choice on battery and ESC though.