Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with my Eagle eyes antenna tracker

Forum Member
    Does not matter where the device is calibrated. Do not need to redo that if when Vector close to antenna and both powered up antenna is at home position. The decide how you are going to tell antenna what compass direction it is pointing in the field. Three options. If telemetry light flashing and Vector ready to fly antenna should track.

KG5BBF AMA#954079

Forum Member
    Has this issue been fixed? I am getting this issue with a new plane.

Forum Member
    No, it has not. Worked on it yesterday as a matter of fact, and it just does not seem to track properly.
    I am using the RMRC pan/tilt and the servos that came with it barely have enough balls to move the tracker around without an antenna attached. And no, nothing is binding, when off, all things move around quite freely. So now I am wondering if that is part of the problem.

Forum Member
    My issue is the mat the tracker does not track at all with the new plane I have. The telemetry light is blinking but not tracking. The tracker works perfectly with the other plane. My vtx is an immersion 2.4 700. I also have a air speed sensor in the new plane. Not sure if that's related. The camera I am using is a tbs 69 in the new plane as well.. Grabbing at straws here.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rdurant View Post
    My issue is the mat the tracker does not track at all with the new plane I have. The telemetry light is blinking but not tracking. The tracker works perfectly with the other plane. My vtx is an immersion 2.4 700. I also have a air speed sensor in the new plane. Not sure if that's related. The camera I am using is a tbs 69 in the new plane as well.. Grabbing at straws here.
    You have good video I assume as telemetry light flashing. I have 3 input video switch and 2 inputs used. If I use the input with no camera the telemetry light goes out even though OSD working. If one plane works right then you doing things correctly I assume so has to related to setup of the second unit.

KG5BBF AMA#954079

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JCLs View Post
    You have good video I assume as telemetry light flashing. I have 3 input video switch and 2 inputs used. If I use the input with no camera the telemetry light goes out even though OSD working. If one plane works right then you doing things correctly I assume so has to related to setup of the second unit.

KG5BBF AMA#954079

I have solid video. its basically like television. That is what makes this even harder to understand. I am with you on it being the second plane but i dont know what or how. Now i did the tracker calibration with the original plane but i dont see how that could make a difference.. i also have a torroid on the video line going to the vtx...

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rdurant View Post
    I have solid video. its basically like television. That is what makes this even harder to understand. I am with you on it being the second plane but i dont know what or how. Now i did the tracker calibration with the original plane but i dont see how that could make a difference.. i also have a torroid on the video line going to the vtx...
    That is the problem!!! The calibration is per each Vector, the Vector stores the calibration so each craft has to be calibrated separately! Sorry I got impression somehow you had calibrated each separately!!
    Problem solved, guaranteed!

KG5BBF AMA#954079

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JCLs View Post
    That is the problem!!! The calibration is per each Vector, the Vector stores the calibration so each craft has to be calibrated separately! Sorry I got impression somehow you had calibrated each separately!!
    Problem solved, guaranteed!

KG5BBF AMA#954079
    You know that kinda makes sense... although i thought that the calibration was just done one and stored on the eagle eyes itself.... hmmm will get back to you in a couple hours and let you know if it works. Thanks man

Forum Member
    hey just to let you know i did the calibration with the new plane as you suggested. Today eagle tree also got back to me and confirmed what you said so i should be good now.. have not actually tested it but i am confident. Thanks for the help

Forum Member
    Hmm don't trust me grasshopper? Same thing happened to me a year ago, I know!!

KG5BBF AMA#954079