Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing a new Era in FPV with Connex ProSight

Honestly, it's not a bad deal for the AP pilots that want a cheaper alternative to the larger Connex systems. The range is perfect as a flight cam for the Inspire 1, given that when you're flying with a camera man on the other remote, the pilot is basically blind and has to fly LOS, which makes it impossible to get the right shot. I do agree that these are a bit big for the mini racers.

It would be nice to hear back about some of these questions from the manufacture, though. They sure are ignoring the Lab in favor of the RCGroups thread. :|

Quote Originally Posted by SiMuL View Post
    Honestly, it's not a bad deal for the AP pilots that want a cheaper alternative to the larger Connex systems. The range is perfect as a flight cam for the Inspire 1, given that when you're flying with a camera man on the other remote, the pilot is basically blind and has to fly LOS, which makes it impossible to get the right shot. I do agree that these are a bit big for the mini racers.

It would be nice to hear back about some of these questions from the manufacture, though. They sure are ignoring the Lab in favor of the RCGroups thread. :|
    I agree in regards to the ap folks, but with extended, the inspire goes up to 8 miles over lightbridge. They've been billing it as a revolutionary product (I.e. "a new era in FPV") for use with the mini quad crowd and, while it may hit with a small group of people, it's just not going to fit for the serious racing or acro enthusiasts. I think it's a small step in the right direction, but the footprint is still too big and I'm not sure how quickly technology can evolve to meet the expectations of enthusiasts. In the end, they're getting funding for this venture, but they definitely over-hyped it. I chuckled out loud when I saw the pic posted from their fb page.
    Last edited by QuadroBro; 18th May 2016 at 07:06 AM.

Yea, I agree with that for sure. I was expecting a better picture, but I was spot on with my projected cost at $500 before they announced it. lol, totally let down on the quality of the picture.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by xjet View Post
    The camera uses a MOS-based sensor (as opposed to CCD)?
    That is correct!

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretSpy711 View Post
    Are the 27 channels divided into discreet bands? or does it use spread-spectrum frequency hopping (and 27 is the maximum number to avoid data collisions perhaps...)
    If they are discreet bands, are all 27 channels non-overlapping?
    I too would really like to know how many pilots can fly simultaneously. 27 mini quads in the air would certainly be pretty cool
    27 is the maximum number of channels and they are not over-lapping of course, or the channels will interfere with each other

Connex, can you provide us with some RAW footage that's not posted to YouTube? Even Vimeo would be better, as that will give us a better example of the quality. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SiMuL View Post
    Connex, can you provide us with some RAW footage that's not posted to YouTube? Even Vimeo would be better, as that will give us a better example of the quality. Thanks.
    Preferably not spliced so the distance and actual performance can be viewed.

Not just the cherry picked cuts showing it working.

Navigator
    Unedited video from our quality tests by tomorrow

Sky Pirate & FPV Outlaw SecretSpy711's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CONNEX View Post
    Unedited video from our quality tests by tomorrow
    please post in on vimeo on a plus or pro account, instead of youtube, so we can use the download button to see the original content without compression.
    Last edited by SecretSpy711; 23rd May 2016 at 12:24 PM.
    youtube.com/secretspy711
    COFPV.com