Thread: LUX FC troubleshooting...

LUX FC troubleshooting...

I got a lux fc and dropped it in an Orion 190. Made for a very clean build, however.

After about a dozen flights, I have started having problems that I think are tied to the FC. I've hooked an x4r-sb up and am running sbus. Betaflight 2.6.1 flashed.

In the rx tab, all looks well tho there is some lag in response between stick movements and movements of the indicators on the display.

Cleanflight configurator connects and all the config appears to be right. Tho I have a problem disabling the accelerometer. I've turned if off a number of times and it stays off for a while, several flights generally, then re-enabled itself. Kind of weird, but not the heart of this problem.

When I plug in a pack, none of the esc's initialize and after a short time, the buzzer attached to the fc starts beeping in a sequence that I don't recognize. It's about a dozen beeps very quickly with a second or 2 pause between each set of beeps. If it weren't detecting the rx it would beep once every second or 2.

I can't believe all 4 x 30a angry beast esc's have failed at the same time. The craft was flying beautifully until it dropped out of the sky and started behaving this way. (no crash involved. it was flying like a champ then just dropped.)

The only thing i can figure is the fc has ceased communicating with any of the ESCs which is resulting in them not initializing on power up. This isn't the result of the rx not being detected as it's connected and operating fine in cf configurator.

Anyone know what the rapid beeping with pauses means? Have I got an fc that failed while in flight after 8 or 10 flights? Do I need to order another one and rebuild the stack?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

My buddy just went through this. You have to sync the ESC's in the motors tab and leave a little buffer between min command and min throttle

Quote Originally Posted by ViperSD View Post
    I got a lux fc and dropped it in an Orion 190. Made for a very clean build, however.

After about a dozen flights, I have started having problems that I think are tied to the FC. I've hooked an x4r-sb up and am running sbus. Betaflight 2.6.1 flashed.

In the rx tab, all looks well tho there is some lag in response between stick movements and movements of the indicators on the display.

Cleanflight configurator connects and all the config appears to be right. Tho I have a problem disabling the accelerometer. I've turned if off a number of times and it stays off for a while, several flights generally, then re-enabled itself. Kind of weird, but not the heart of this problem.

When I plug in a pack, none of the esc's initialize and after a short time, the buzzer attached to the fc starts beeping in a sequence that I don't recognize. It's about a dozen beeps very quickly with a second or 2 pause between each set of beeps. If it weren't detecting the rx it would beep once every second or 2.

I can't believe all 4 x 30a angry beast esc's have failed at the same time. The craft was flying beautifully until it dropped out of the sky and started behaving this way. (no crash involved. it was flying like a champ then just dropped.)

The only thing i can figure is the fc has ceased communicating with any of the ESCs which is resulting in them not initializing on power up. This isn't the result of the rx not being detected as it's connected and operating fine in cf configurator.

Anyone know what the rapid beeping with pauses means? Have I got an fc that failed while in flight after 8 or 10 flights? Do I need to order another one and rebuild the stack?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Also, if you're using a Taranis model from someone else, you need to do the calibration on the Taranis. I forgot I had to do that with my buddy's too.

Min command is 1000

throttle low point send by the tx is 986 according to the rx tab in cleanflight.

min throttle is 1035

I create models on the taranis as I build craft. between wings and quads i've got 16 models set up now.

like i said, i got a dozen flights out of it, plus tuning time. it was flying great. i was doing switch backs between 2 flags on the field @ full throttle and it just shut down in flight and dropped as i made the turn at one end and started back. it made several laps, if you will, around the flags before the lights went out and the beeping started.

i was running lihv packs on the orion @ the time, angry beast 30a esc's and 2600kv emax red bottom motors. I thought the lhiv might have been too much for the voltage regulator on the lux @ first but it powers up when plugged in. And... if this were the case, the problem would have occurred when i plugged it in, not after the pack was half drained.

OK,

It's definitely the lux FC that's had a seizure.

It would seem the rapid beeping is the FC rebooting over and over.

In continuing to troubleshoot, I decided to try to re-calibrate the esc's. When I plugged the battery in after connecting with cleanflight and setting the throttle full on the motors tab, the board connects and disconnects over and over from the pc. you can hear the usb device installing and uninstalling over and over and over until the battery is unplugged.

I have wiped and flashed it over again with betaflight but the problem persists.

Why is a fc that has never been in a crash, except for when it fell out of the sky when this problem started, stuck in endless reboot only when the battery is connected?

Yikes man. Contact lumenier and they'll get you a new one

Navigator
    A little late on the comments but I wanted to see if you have tried contacting Lumenier. I did for a different issue I was having with the Lux but have not heard anything back yet. It's been 2 weeks!! Not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by kpodlewski View Post
    A little late on the comments but I wanted to see if you have tried contacting Lumenier. I did for a different issue I was having with the Lux but have not heard anything back yet. It's been 2 weeks!! Not impressed.
    Please contact Lumenier's distributor GetFPV at support@getfpv.com for all Lumenier support questions.