Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BrainFPV RE1: Next gen racing flight controller with OSD, Lap timing, LEDs & more

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HeliShredder View Post
    Connect them to PWM5 and PWM6, they are located on the inner row of pins, position 5 and 6 (next the the buzzer and LED pins).
    Thanks for youre answer, but I just relised that my was incomplete. What I actually needed to ask was, where do I connect the esc ground wire pwm 5/6?

For pwm 1 - 4 the grounds are clear.

And is it still possible to use the buzzer and led funtions with a hex setup?
    [B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=2]"[/SIZE]For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da vinci :D[/FONT][/B] [LEFT][COLOR=#000000]

[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    Thanks for youre answer, but I just relised that my was incomplete. What I actually needed to ask was, where do I connect the esc ground wire pwm 5/6?

For pwm 1 - 4 the grounds are clear.

And is it still possible to use the buzzer and led funtions with a hex setup?
    You will need to connect the GND wires to e.g. the GND pads for PWM 3 and PWM 4 (it's not a problem to connect two wires to the same pad). You can use all the functions (buzzer, LED, etc) with 6 PWM outputs. Unfortunately there simply isn't enough space on the board to provide GND pads for all 8 PWM outputs, so they need to be shared if you use more than 4 outputs.

Forum Member
    Cool, thanks.

There Is also something els that I don't entirely understand. Next to the analog inputs (bottom side of the fc) which connects to the battery monitoring pads via the (3) pinhead sockets on the mPD, there is a DIV solder bridge. What is this function? Does it pass the battery voltage through to the fc/ osd for battery monitoring?

The manual stats that when un-bridged the maximum input is 3.3v and when the voltage divider is enabled maximum voltage on V inputs is 20V.
    I am using the FC staked on top of the mPD via the sockets, do I have to enable the bridge?

Regards T
    [B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=2]"[/SIZE]For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da vinci :D[/FONT][/B] [LEFT][COLOR=#000000]

[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    Cool, thanks.

There Is also something els that I don't entirely understand. Next to the analog inputs (bottom side of the fc) which connects to the battery monitoring pads via the (3) pinhead sockets on the mPD, there is a DIV solder bridge. What is this function? Does it pass the battery voltage through to the fc/ osd for battery monitoring?

The manual stats that when un-bridged the maximum input is 3.3v and when the voltage divider is enabled maximum voltage on V inputs is 20V.
    I am using the FC staked on top of the mPD via the sockets, do I have to enable the bridge?

Regards T
    That needs to be made more clear in the manual. The mPB has its own voltage divider that scales the battery voltage to a 0V .. 3.3V range. The DIV jumper only needs to be bridged if you use RE1 without mPB and want to measure the battery voltage directly. It enables a 1:11 voltage divider on RE1, so you can measure up to 20V using the V pin without an external divider.

Forum Member
    That needs to be made more clear in the manual. The mPB has its own voltage divider that scales the battery voltage to a 0V .. 3.3V range. The DIV jumper only needs to be bridged if you use RE1 without mPB and want to measure the battery voltage directly. It enables a 1:11 voltage divider on RE1, so you can measure up to 20V using the V pin without an external divider.
    Cool! all is clear. Thanks for your help Helishredder!!

[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Forum Member
    When I think about OSD one of the useful things is GPS and it doesn't seem straightforward how to have baro and GPS. Even though the cover image on the website shows it.

Or did I miss something?
    Last edited by sonic_boom; 6th October 2016 at 10:01 PM.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_boom View Post
    When I think about OSD one of the useful things is GPS and it doesn't seem straightforward how to have baro and GPS. Even though the cover image on the website shows it.

Or did I miss something?
    That's correct. The new release adds support for external barometers and BrainFPV will have a baro add-on soon. See the post below.

Forum Member
    The dRonin Quixote release is now available. It brings some nice additions to RE1, like an additional serial port (for a total of 3 ports not including the serial receiver port), the ability to attach external magnetometers and barometers to the I2C port of RE1 (making it fully navigation capable), and also "ExpoM" which gives much more control over the shape of the expo curve enabling you to fine tune the stick feeling. Check out the post on the BrainFPV blog for more info and how to update.

Forum Member
    I have a feature request:

It seems like it would trivial to modify most 5.8ghz transmitters to use external SPI for channel switching. Or just putting some power regulation on a $9-13 module with SPI enabled. Please consider adding this to your OSD code for your customers. I think it would add value and flexibility for your customers.

One useful feature Impulse Rc added is ability to power off module, so useful if a tree grabs the craft. I'm not sure where they put their code changes to MWOSD, but I will keep looking.

Forum Member
    That's correct. The new release adds support for external barometers and BrainFPV will have a baro add-on soon. See the post below.
    Does that also mean that you will work on refining the GPS flight modes in dRonin?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast