Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BrainFPV RE1: Next gen racing flight controller with OSD, Lap timing, LEDs & more

Forum Member

BrainFPV RE1: Next gen racing flight controller with OSD, Lap timing, LEDs & more

BrainFPV just announced two new products: The BrainFPV RE1 (Racing Edition 1) flight controller and its companion product the Mini Power Board (mPB). They stack seamlessly together without any wiring between the two, so you can build your own cutting edge racing drone.

Some of the highlights of RE1 include: Built-in graphical OSD, with advanced features like side-by-side 3D support and a menu, faster processor (STM32 F4, 180MHz), lap timing support (Trackmate, I-Lap, configurable using OSD menu), programmable LED support (up to 1024 LEDs, also OSD configurable), inverters for serial receiver and telemetry, stacking connector for future expansion boards, and more. Check out the product page for full technical details. [link]

RE1 runs dRonin, which is fully open source (GPL licensed) and does everything, including rendering the OSD. dRonin includes an advanced auto-tune feature that allows you to easily tune your PID gains for super stable flight.

We are super excited about RE1 and pre-orders will start soon. For a behind the scenes peek of the development of RE1 check out our blog post.

RE1 is an evolution of Brain, and we worked hard to make it both better and more affordable. The MRSP is $79 and it is assembled in the United States using a 6 layer PCB for optimal signal integrity. Follow this thread and sign up for our newsletter to get updates on the pre-order information.

Anyways, I hope you like it and feel free to ask questions .

Martin / HeliShredder
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	re1_pdb_stack_small.png 
Views:	1691 
Size:	131.5 KB 
ID:	72438  
    Last edited by BrainFPV; 9th May 2016 at 07:48 AM.
    [url]http://www.brainfpv.com[/url]

Forum Member
    (reserved)
    [url]http://www.brainfpv.com[/url]

Forum Member
    looking forward to this

Forum Member
    Pls, screenshot of the OSD

-Hugo

Forum Member
    Looks very promising, will be keen to get my hands on one

I'd be more interested whether it would be possible to flash it with Cleanflight or Betaflight, or anything else that I could use Cleanflight GUI to set things up. It was done on TBS Gemini Colibri FC anyway, and I'm too lazy to start learning new FC's ins and outs
    Either way, FC+PDB+OSD+transponder all in one is definitely worth thumbs up!
    If you're a noob, copy 1:1 what somebody already flies without too much questions, you'll find the answers later.
    PatrikE: I don't see anything wrong in your dump...
    Derrick:
    you are flying it LOS... You are doing it wrong.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roboforcer X2000 View Post
    I'd be more interested whether it would be possible to flash it with Cleanflight or Betaflight, or anything else that I could use Cleanflight GUI to set things up. It was done on TBS Gemini Colibri FC anyway, and I'm too lazy to start learning new FC's ins and outs
    Either way, FC+PDB+OSD+transponder all in one is definitely worth thumbs up!
    Possible, but it would be a lot of work to port the OSD code due to the lack of a real-time OS in Cleanflight/Betaflight. You would also lose great features like dRonin autotune, etc.
    Last edited by HeliShredder; 11th May 2016 at 12:43 PM.

Forum Member
    And the price for the pdb and fc is...

Forum Member
    Check the links in the first post
    $25 and $79

I want one. Now!

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaKluit View Post
    Check the links in the first post
    $25 and $79

I want one. Now!
    Post video!