Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feel free to visit and downvote this tinfoil hat manure

Forum Member

Feel free to visit and downvote this tinfoil hat manure

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by allibyx View Post
    Why? Other than the bird they are all workable technologies with a wide open market.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Forum Member
    Isn't signal jamming illegal? And does it output on 72mHz control and 3.3ghz video?

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Channel 1 View Post
    Why? Other than the bird they are all workable technologies with a wide open market.

Wayne
    You're right.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfriedman View Post
    Isn't signal jamming illegal?
    In the private sector yes.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Forum Member
    I like the bird interceptor idea. Nothing fancy. Just a superior pilot at the helm

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

[url]videoaerialsystems.com[/url] - Performance video piloting

Forum Member
    Wait, why don't they just use another drone to capture it directly? Have some strings hanging down from an agile miniquad. Those would get stuck in props, and bring both down.

Forum Member
    Those are amateur compared to Lockheed's Icarus system...
    http://www.c4isrnet.com/story/milita...stem/73935218/

Quote Originally Posted by Rfriedman View Post
    Wait, why don't they just use another drone to capture it directly? Have some strings hanging down from an agile miniquad. Those would get stuck in props, and bring both down.
    How could a mini quad take down a fast fixed-wing, for example? The problem is that there are so many types of drones that it is difficult or impossible for a single strategy to be effective against all of them. The jamming gun is great against Phantoms, but it would not be very effective against most FPV aircraft. For example something like the Eagletree Vector would attempt to RTH in a jamming scenario, but assuming the jamming gun also jams the GPS, it would fall back to 2D mode (fly straight and level) until it was out of range of the jamming source. And the net gun? Yeah, good luck with that against a fast moving plane.

I think using the interceptor birds is really kinda cool. So long as their feet don't get cut up, it's one of the best ideas I think.

I'm not going to downvote anything, I think this technology is needed in some cases. Joe Schmoe is not going to be able to buy a jamming gun anytime soon (although he could make one easily, but using it would be illegal).
    Last edited by SecretSpy711; 7th May 2016 at 02:53 AM.
    youtube.com/secretspy711
    [COLOR="#ff8c00"][B][COLOR="#696969"]CO[/COLOR]FPV[COLOR="#4169e1"].com[/COLOR][/B] [/COLOR]

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretSpy711 View Post
    Those are amateur compared to Lockheed's Icarus system...
    http://www.c4isrnet.com/story/milita...stem/73935218/

How could a mini quad take down a fast fixed-wing, for example? The problem is that there are so many types of drones that it is difficult or impossible for a single strategy to be effective against all of them. The jamming gun is great against Phantoms, but it would not be very effective against most FPV aircraft. For example something like the Eagletree Vector would attempt to RTH in a jamming scenario, but assuming the jamming gun also jams the GPS, it would fall back to 2D mode (fly straight and level) until it was out of range of the jamming source. And the net gun? Yeah, good luck with that against a fast moving plane.

I think using the interceptor birds is really kinda cool. So long as their feet don't get cut up, it's one of the best ideas I think.

I'm not going to downvote anything, I think this technology is needed in some cases. Joe Schmoe is not going to be able to buy a jamming gun anytime soon (although he could make one easily, but using it would be illegal).
    "The best idea" + 500 size single rotor UAV = Explosion of feathers, blood, electronics + random debris. Let's not forget possible lawsuits, and PETA. Oh the humanity!!

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by allibyx View Post
    "The best idea" + 500 size single rotor UAV = Explosion of feathers, blood, electronics + random debris. Let's not forget possible lawsuits, and PETA. Oh the humanity!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	422299939_6c43481b21.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	72675

(Sorry, I had to)
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][I][B]FPV - The World is My Airfield[/B][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast