FPVLAB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Connex FPV announcement

Forum Member

New Connex FPV announcement

Hi Guys
    I'm from Connex and We are going to introduce a new product For HDFPV Racing
    you can find more details in our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/connexhd and in our web site: http://connex.amimon.com/the-fpv-revolution-starts-now

Forum Member
    At the 10th of May we will open on Amimon's Channel below a Q&A about the new FPV racing product, We will place a product spec. and we will answer your questions

Forum Member
    Subbed for sure, I have a laundry list of questions for you guys. Looking forward to the product release
    Some fly for attitude, others for altitude

Forum Member
    *subscribed*

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edin508 View Post
    *subscribed*
    As discussed on Rcgroups. This unit may have a hard range limit like its big brother that is implemented in software. If so they can forget my sale, I don't buy into products that are purposefully crippled by the manufacturer.

Hoever we should know in a few days if they did.

Forum Member
    This video was posted on RCG on how it works on the larger unit, you can see you had better have return to home on your mini quad if this happens:

The current "rumors" are that they intentionally cripple these two units so they don't compete with their larger commercial unit (and much more expensive)...
    Last edited by Thorvald; 8th May 2016 at 04:50 PM.

Forum Member
    And the manufacturer has posted stated there is no software range limit! So fingers crossed for the announcement tomorrow. iBCrazy, time to work on MIMO antenna setups lol.

Forum Member
    32g vtx

Forum Member
    How many can race at once on this system?

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

[url]videoaerialsystems.com[/url] - Performance video piloting

Quote Originally Posted by CONNEX View Post
    Hi Guys
    I'm from Connex and We are going to introduce a new product For HDFPV Racing
    you can find more details in our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/connexhd and in our web site: http://connex.amimon.com/the-fpv-revolution-starts-now

CONNEX™ ProSight is the missing link needed to usher in a new era in FPV racing. Plagued by analog systems’ poor image quality, and connectivity issues in multi-pilot scenarios, the sport needs a breakthrough to take it to the next level. CONNEX ProSight is just that, transforming FPV drones into a completely new kind of immersive experience for beginners and experts alike.
    The Connex ProSight HD Vision Pack is a true game changer. It delivers unparalleled vision performance with delay-free wireless transmission. Its superior image quality combined with ease of installation, smooth configuration and improved multi-pilot flying experience for unmatched usability.
    The CONNEX ProSight is the new standard in FPV Racing, an all-digital, delay-free, HD video solution. It is designed based on CONNEX’s unique and proven technology – used by professional drone users as well as the Hollywood movie industry.
    Delay-Free FPv HD camera, The CONNEX ProSight HD camera is optimized for both indoor & outdoor flights, featuring advanced High-Dynamic-Range sensor, allowing 720P delay-free crystal clear video
    Delay-Free HD Transmitter The CONNEX ProSight transmitter supports delay- free uncompressed all-digital HD transmission. Optimized for multi-pilot FPV Racing, providing fully immersive flight experience
    Robust Digital HD Receiver The CONNEX ProSight ground receiver unit provides a robust digital link over the 5GHz band. Its HDMI interface, compatible with all popular HDMI goggles & screens in the market.
    Features:
    • 720p30 HD Camera, with high-dynamic range sensor and 2.8mm lens
    • Receiver Unit outputs standard 720p60 over HDMI for reducing motion blur
    • Compatible with all popular HDMI based Goggles/Monitors
    • Digitally paired transmitter to receiver for crosstalk-free flight
    • Supported LOS range of 100ft to 3000ft (300m to 1000m) varies with field conditions
    • Advanced frequency setup for multi-pilots: Automatic & Manual modes, supporting 27 digital channels (FCC)
    • System configuration via Bluetooth using Android/iOS app or through built-in on-screen display menu
    • Advanced High Definition spectator viewing mode
    • Camera to HDMI receiver-out maximum latency of 26mS

Specifications Transmitter Unit:
    Dimensions: 70x36.5x7.2mm
    Weight: 32gr
    Input voltage: 8v – 16v (supports 2S to 4S)
    Power Connector: 4 Pins
    Power Consumption: 4.1W
    Antenna Connector: 2 External MMCX Connectors
    Video Interface: MIPI
    SW Upgrade: Micro USB
    Product Configuration: Mobile App over Bluetooth

Specifications Receiver Unit:
    Dimensions: 75x115x17mm
    Weight: 134gr
    Input voltage: 8v – 26v (supports 2S to 6S)
    Power Connector: DC Jack
    Power Consumption: 3.5W
    Antenna Connector: 5 SMA Connectors
    Video Interface: HDMI (Type A)
    SW Upgrade: Micro USB
    Product Configuration: Mobile App over Bluetooth

Specifications Camera:
    Dimensions: 28x20x27mm
    Weight: 13gr
    Input voltage: 5v from Transmitter
    Power Connector: MIPI
    Power Consumption: 1W
    Antenna Connector: N/A
    Video Interface: MIPI
    SW Upgrade: Through Transmitter
    Product Configuration: Via On-Screen Display

Included:
    Connex Pro Sight Video Receiver
    Connex Pro Sight Video Transmitter
    Connex Pro Sight Camera
    All necessary cabling

So there are the rough details of the Vision. And the glaringly obvious error.

Connex are stating that this is "The new Standard", without seemingly taking in two things. Affordability (rumored price is $500 USD a set) and size. Obviously not everyone can afford $500 USD, I mean I can but not for the repeat cost. Lets presume the RX and TX both cost $200, and the camera costs $100. I have 7 craft so costs are going to be $2300 to outfit all of them. Yeah not gonna happen.

Lastly the size. 70x36.5x 7.2. It is literally 4-5 times the size of any other tx that people put on a "racer". That is a lot of real estate, and not really a well thought out approach. It would be nice on a medium size frame like a Disco Pro, but nothing below that. Even then on a Disco Pro the range is abysmal.

Kudos to Connex to innovate and push further, however I don't think this is the right angle for sales.

I could be wrong though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast