Thread: Moving from aerial videography to racing

Navigator

Moving from aerial videography to racing

Hey all! I don't post here much but I have a question and I'm sure it's been asked a million times. I have been doing videography for about 3 years. That means ultra-stabilized craft, etc. Now I'm getting into racing. Built a QAV210 last year and I love it! Getting ready to build a raceblade because I enjoy building just as much as flying. My question is about flying in acro mode. I've been mostly used to flying in angle mode and horizon on Naze32 and Naza (attitude mode). I'm doing well in acro mode when it comes to flying down and back in straight lines and I love the throttle response in acro. My problems are in the turns. When I bank into a turn I always seem to slide out of it and then almost crash (have to switch to angle to recover). Can someone post what is the best way to approach banked turns in acro? I understand that I WILL crash at times, not worried about that. I just feel that if I could get the turns down it would open up something completely new to me. Thanks in advance!
    Ugh GetFPV you're killing me!

Quote Originally Posted by skywalker45 View Post
    Hey all! I don't post here much but I have a question and I'm sure it's been asked a million times. I have been doing videography for about 3 years. That means ultra-stabilized craft, etc. Now I'm getting into racing. Built a QAV210 last year and I love it! Getting ready to build a raceblade because I enjoy building just as much as flying. My question is about flying in acro mode. I've been mostly used to flying in angle mode and horizon on Naze32 and Naza (attitude mode). I'm doing well in acro mode when it comes to flying down and back in straight lines and I love the throttle response in acro. My problems are in the turns. When I bank into a turn I always seem to slide out of it and then almost crash (have to switch to angle to recover). Can someone post what is the best way to approach banked turns in acro? I understand that I WILL crash at times, not worried about that. I just feel that if I could get the turns down it would open up something completely new to me. Thanks in advance!
    Its not clear if you are doing this or not, but make sure to be using the throttle and yaw when turning in acro mode. Its a little unintuitive at first , but you get used to it. Most people would agree that you should be put 10 hours or so in a simulator, so I'd suggest trying that out. Joshua Bardwell on youtube has great videos on simulators and acro mode flying.

So difficult to get anywhere near muscle memory. Jeezus. �� Have a sim now, it's showing me some important stuff: makes perfect sense if u think about it, just very inintuitive. Lost my Vusion 250 the other day. Was in an enormous open farm area and, though no one had ever been down this road that I'd seen, 2 guys picked the 15 secs after I donned the goggles and they wanted to talk. I have to have total concentration at this point, so I dumped the throttle so he'd fall down in the farm
    and and not make it to a road or house. I've spent hours walking those hundreds of acres. Safety, and not getting arrested, was the reason I took him to bum f%<<%#d nowhere, still sux bad