Thread: FW supporting autostart recording for DomV3

Forum Member

FW supporting autostart recording for DomV3

I have a Dominator V3 with an older FW, without the possibility to set the rec function to autostart. A couple of flying buddies of mine have this possibility on their DomV3s, and this is a really nice feature. I can't find any FW on Fatsharks web side. Is it a way to get this newer FW so I can have autostart recording on mine DomV3s as well?

Forum Member
    This firmware option is on the newer DVRs coming out , but let me stress.... TRYING TO FIND A FIRMWARE NOT FROM US , AND DOING THE UPDATE YOURSELF WILL BRICK YOUR DVR OK!!
    So many people have been using incorrect firmware and bricking their DVR'S that I took away public access to the upgrade firmware from our site.....people were not reading the warnings about which goggles and DVR that firmware was for, and killing their DVR's in the process.

The correct firmware for the newer DVR's has NOT been released yet, so if you use anything that people have linked here on the LAB to do it ,you will kill it .
    Please wait for us to release the correct firmware before anyone causes more trouble with this ok.
    Australia post: "delivering packages the day after you need them since 1809"

"Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

Forum Member
    Any idea of when this firmware will be released? I really eager to get this feature.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmet View Post
    Any idea of when this firmware will be released? I really eager to get this feature.
    It's available now. email support@fatshark.com to get a copy (with instructions on how to upgrade to avoid bricking an unsupported DVR).
    FatShark - RC vision systems - [url]www.fatshark.com[/url]

Forum Member
    Also as an add on to Greg's previous post , can you please put "ATT Patrick" in the email topic so I can keep track of reports on feedback please, thanks guys.

"Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

Forum Member
    I just sent a note requesting the new firmware. I have a new HDv2 as well as a Dom V2 with this DVR upgrade.

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=4939

Will they both take the new firmware?

Forum Member
    Will work with the HDv2 and the newer DVR board you put in the V2 as well

Forum Member
    WOW so cool

Forum Member
    Will the new firmware support recording from an HDMI source? I was pretty amazed it didn't already when I tried.

Forum Member
    Will not work as the HDMI signal is Digital , and the DVR is Analog .
    Also HDMI protocol doesn't really allow recording for copyright reasons.