Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Video editing software...what are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by PnoT View Post
    What are you guys using for 720p settings in Sony Vegas Pro? I've tried a few recommendations off the net and I'm not really happy with the quality.
    Set project properties to custon, then select original file as template

Render as Windows Media Video V11 (*wmv)

Template : Mbps HD 720-30p Video

Works for me
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then no one is thinking."

- Benjamin Franklin

Avid MC5.5 student discount

I recently bought Avid Media Composer for $300... Couldn't be happier, the world's best editing software with 5 years of free upgrades for $300? It is the student version, but has all the same capabilities as the full version.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CGMQ8wIwAA
    Last edited by Dylonius; 25th July 2011 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    Set project properties to custon, then select original file as template

Render as Windows Media Video V11 (*wmv)

Template : Mbps HD 720-30p Video

Works for me
    Same here works for me too!

Laurel, MD between Washington D.C. / Baltimore
    Avid Media Composer / Avid Express / Avid Composer 9000 / Avid DVXpress. I am not Apple friendly.
    Airplanes LIKE to fly : Helicopters WANT to kill you.

Premiere Pro CS4
    VirtualDUB Deshaker

Last edited by webdr; 1st August 2011 at 10:44 PM.

I was using Corel Pro X3, bought it bundled with the Photo X3. The photo X3 is great, the Studio X3 not so much. Enough that I'm not paying the $29 for the upgrade to X4. It craps out on .mov files and randomly crashes, although it usually recovers projects pretty good. Plus is that it is pretty user friendly and intuitive.

I have a (ahem) *copy* of Vegas Pro 10, and am getting to like it more and more once I get past the complexities. It's very powerful and likely more than I need. I like it enough that I am probably going to purchase the "lite" version, which is competitive to the cheaper Corel product and probably has all the features I'll ever need. Been meaning to try the Avid too, heard good things about it.

I used to use MM for quick & dirty edits, but since I switched to Windows 7 I just have the "live" version, which sucks BIG time since they dumbed it down. (typical mickeysoft)

Also have the Ubuntu Studio OS which I haven't gotten around to installing in a dual boot configuration yet, it's supposed to have decent video editing capability but I haven't tried it yet. I have it running in Virtual Box on Windows 7 host, but using that would not show its true capabilities..

Hey there,

As mentioned I usually use Sony Vegas 10, however, I have recently been caught on holiday only having my laptop with me that does not have the processing power so never considered having even Windows MM on here, however, I recently neeeded to edit a bit of video for giggles with friends so downloaded a copy of Wax 2.0 which is FREE, I have to say for a basic editor I am more than impressed it has great usability and has a lot of basic features. I would recommend anyone starting out and any intermediate level editors to give this a try even if it just for comparison as it is a reasonably small download.

Navigator
    FYI, for those who have After Effects, there is a filter in there that can reduce or remove the barrel distortion of the GoPro Hero cam.

As for what I edit with, it's Final Cut Pro. I produce a fishing show here in Hawaii with it.

Laurel, MD between Washington D.C. / Baltimore
    Nice work Windbreaker. I'm a part time resident of Maui. My wife and I bought a place there back in 1993 at Kahana Falls. It's been a couple years since we've been back as pleasure travel has been a little hard to come by in our schedules lately. Some time when we return we'll have to hook up and do some FPV flying. We've never set foot on Molokai yet during all these years we've been going to the islands. We'll have to make the trip soon.
    Airplanes LIKE to fly : Helicopters WANT to kill you.

I use Magix Movie Edit Pro HD+. I havent dived into the advanced stuff, but its nice and easy to use. I saw one of the pilots I subscribe to on youtube doing some tutorials on it, and saw how easy he made it look, which is why I bought it, and followed his tutorials (AroundtuitRC - Eric Jordan)
    I started with v16 which was pretty slow at rendering, but upgraded to V17 shortly after and its a whole lot quicker now, although I use an i7CPU (8 core) and dual hard drives in RAID0 with 8GB memory.

My first few videos, I used Windows live movie maker, and that was just bonkers easy peasy to use, and runs on the most basic of desktops, and does a fairly decent job with HD video too, I edited 1080p footage with it on a crummy desktop, no problem, playback was smooth and no jittering or crashing...

Havent flown FPV yet, but all my videos on youtube were filmed in 1080p with the Sony Webbie/Bloggy and my 1920/1080 panasonic camcorder..

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast